Turnouts

Mya P.O.V.

"So that's how it happened?!", asked Todd surprisingly.

"Yea! I guess eavesdropping has its perks.", I said.

"Well done Mya. I didn't know you had it in you."

All of the kids left with tearful parents. It put a smile on my face and I hoped I'd be able to see them soon.

"Thank you very much Mya and-

The door opened and a camera crew came in.

"We are here reporting live in the return of the six missing children. All were found by this young girl by the name of Mya Sherill. So tell me Mya, how did you achieve this fine act of bravery?", asked the reporter.

"Uh uh...

"Excuse me ma'am this is a private place. Please leave.", said Officer Todd.

She gave him a snotty look and reluctantly left.

"Guess it's time to bring you back to foster care.", said Officer Todd.

"It's ok I could walk.", I said disappointed.

"No I insist.", he said.

I walked back into his car and we drove off.

We arrived at the foster home and Todd rang the bell.

Ms. Gaunt looked even wrinkly than ever. She looked worried. When she saw me relief showed on her face then a very visual anger.

"Mya?! Where were you? Your in so much trouble!", she rambled on when we walked in behind her. She rambled all the way to her office ending her sentence with,

"I'll have you sit in the corner for as long as your butt hurts and-

"That don't be necessary Ms. Gaunt.", interrupted Todd.

"Excuse me Officer! I don't tell you how to do your job so don't tell me how to do mine!", she yelled.

"I mean. That won't be necessary because I would like to adopt Mya.", he said calmly.

"What?!", I said.

"Well well well this is great. I have the papers right here if you please.", she said.

She handed him the papers as he signed them.

"Todd are you....are you serious?", I said.

"Oh yes Mya. I've lived to get to know you this past time and you seem like a great girl.", he said.

"But-

"I mean if its ok with you.", he said.

"Yes I mean definitely. Yes!"

He laughed. He finished filling out the forms and Ms. Gaunt gave me this Certificate of Adoption or something. I signed my name and she encased it.

"There you go Mya. Enjoy your new life."

I thanked her and we walked out.

"Hey Mya where are you going?"

I looked back at saw Pat coming towards me. She saw Todd there and frowned.

"Y-You're leaving?!", she asked.

"Yea.", I said.

"Oh. Well bye.", she said before going back the way she came.

I sighed.

"Todd is it ok if she comes with us?", I asked.

He smiled.

"Of course."

"Hey Pat! You wanna come stay with us?", I asked her.

She smiled.

"Really?! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!"

She ran to Ms. Gaunt'd office and we both followed her.

After all of the paper signing we both left as happy as can be. Nothing could break our smiles.

A/N- Ah! Short chappie! Sorry I was really busy. Comment, and vote please. I appreciate y'all.