Someone New to Me

Mya P.O.V.

I ran out of the school. I didn't want to go back home because my mom would ask questions. She didn't know people bullied me. She put me in this different school because she thought white people were "civilized" or whatever. I walked to the park with tears streaming down my face. I sat on the nearest bench and continued to cry. Continued to cry about all the pain I've endured ever since I've started Hollandale High.

"H-Hi."

I looked up. Right in front of me was a guy. He was gorgeous. His hair was wavy and he was absolutely perfect.

I looked up at him.

"Hi.", I said pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Can I sit?", he asked.

"Sure.", I said while scooting to make space for him.

"We're you crying?", he asked me.

No shit Sherlock. My eyes are bloodshot red.

"N-No.", I lied.

"Then why are your eyes bloodshot red?", he asked.

If you saw then why did you ask?, I thought.

"Onions?", I lied.

"Sure.", he said unconvinced.

"My name's Mya.", I said.

"Justin. Justin Bieber. Have I seen you from somewhere before.", he said.

"I don't know. I go to Hollandale High.", I said.

"Really? Me too. I'm a sophomore.", he said.

"Freshman.", I said softly.

"Oh I know you. Your the only-

"I know I know. I'm the only black girl there and you probably hate me for that too huh?", I said angrily.

"No. I think your pretty brave. And your cute.", he said.

My head shot up. Did he think I was cute?

"You really think that?", I asked.

He nodded.

"Thanks.", I said.

"No prob. Hey why aren't you in school?", he asked.

"I could ask you the same thing.", I said.

"I ditched. You?", he said nonchalantly.

"Jade. Um she kind of-

"Bullied you. Yea I know. Listen I wanna get your mind off that. You wanna get some ice cream or something. If you want.", he asked.

"Yea. Yea I'd love that.", I said.

I followed him and we went to Cold stone.

He bought me some Cookies n' Cream and for himself some chocolate. We sat down and talked. He actually for once made me happy. I've never noticed him before but I considered everyone at school as people who hated me. For once someone actually put a smile on my face.