Chapter 37: Another Nightmare

Harry and I were sound asleep in bed, when I started to have another bad dream.

I couldn't make it exactly where I was but there were a lot of houses.

Two women knocked on a door but I couldn't tell exactly who they were right away. Next thing I saw was Severus reading the newspaper in a comfortable looking room. The room involved having a big bookcase and a fireplace with a mantel. The two women were talking about something involving Voldemort giving an order to Malfoy. One of the ladies had black hair with white in it. The way I saw her eyes made it look like she was worried. Is this Malfoy's mother? Only problem was that I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Then the other lady with black-curly hair said, "Make the unbreakable vow."

Wait...what's the unbreakable vow?

The lady who may be Malfoy's mother joined hands with Severus as the other lady was walking around talking. I only made out to hear Severus say yes a few times. Something about if Malfoy fails...Severus will have to take out the deed of whatever Voldemort ordered Malfoy to do. I could tell by the look of Severus's eyes that he partly didn't want to do it. But he had no other choice...the two women begged him too. Is this the price Severus will pay for being on both Albus's and Voldemort's side?

All of a sudden, I saw Harry and me hiding below a room with the two ladies, Severus, Malfoy, and Albus above the room.

I could tell right away that it was Albus's area up above. Malfoy had his wand out as the women with black hair was demanding him to do it now. Yet he didn't as Severus held up his finger at me and Harry...going up above. Albus was then just said something softly to him as Severus used the killing curse on Albus. Harry had to hold my mouth from screaming as tears started to come down my face. Harry still had his wand out but I could tell that he was full of anger and sadness as well as I. Then, Harry and I went to see where Albus had landed...he was dead. The whole school gathered around as they raised their wands slowly.

Harry and I were sitting by Albus's body...crying.

I faintly heard Harry quietly calling my name and shaking me as I woke up.

I rubbed my eyes, realizing that I was about to cry. Harry looked at me with concern, "Miranda are you okay? I noticed you were tossing and turning so I just shook you to wake you up." Harry felt me moving and got concerned...that's sweet of him to wake me cause of him worrying, I thought. I'm glad he did too because that nightmare was just absolutely horrible. "Thank you Harry and yeah I'm alright...just had one of those bad dreams again that's all." "Maybe you should tell me and others in the morning Miranda." "Yes I'll tell you and the others," I responded softly. Harry and I laid back down as he hugged me tightly so that I can fall back asleep.

~~~~~~

Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I were sitting around in the Common Room.

I was about to tell them about the dream I had last night. I was also telling them that Albus is now my father figure. Basically catching them up to speed with everything lately...having a deep talk. I told them when I was done about the dream, "I don't know exactly what this dream means guys but...I hope that it doesn't come true." Hermione tried to be on the positive mind, "Well Miranda I'm sure everything will turn out alright." Ron asked me, "So Miranda, are you saying that Malfoy will get involved with him?" "I mean I guess so Ron...I don't know exactly."

"Bloody hell," I heard Ron mutter quietly.

Harry looked towards Ron, "Think about it Ron. Malfoy's father is a death eater and if that was his mother that you saw in your dream Miranda...then I believe that she's involved with Voldemort somehow as well. With all due respect Miranda, I still don't fully trust Snape." "Harry you never know. I know you don't fully trust him and that the two of you have issues. But don't forget you guys that I am with Snape and i'm sorry for growing these deep feelings for him. Maybe if this does happen though Harry, there will have to be a reason behind it."

After a couple minutes of silence, I got up and said, "I think I'll go talk to Albus and Snape about it...I'll see you guys later."

They nodded their heads at me as I left to go to Albus's office. I also felt their eyes watching me leave and I had a feeling that none of them knew exactly what to say. Once I got to his office, I knocked on his door and opened it carefully. "Ah Miranda come in," he said as he saw me. I walked in as he asked, "How did you and young Harry sleep last night? Better I hope." "We slept good Albus...but the thing is...I had another one of those bad dreams late last night. Harry even woke me up." Just when he was about to respond to what I just said, Severus walked in. He hugged me from behind sweetly, "Hello love."

I smiled and responded as I hugged him back, "Hey Severus."

I turned around to face him as he kissed me softly and I kissed him back.

All of us sat down and got comfortable with some hot coco that I asked if I could have a cup of. Albus took a sip as he looked at me, "So Miranda...tell me about the dream you had last night." Severus asked concernedly, "What dream?" I looked at him, "I had one of those bad dreams last night again sweetie that's all." "What was it about?" After I was done telling them about it, Severus and Albus just exchanged looks. I asked, "Is there something that I don't know about? Should I be worried?"

Albus grabbed my hand softly as he looked into my eyes, "Miranda...this is hard to explain to you but all you need to know is that you have nothing to worry about. Trust me." I asked, "What is the unbreakable vow anyway?" "An unbreakable vow Miranda is a spell that two people make an oath to another, involving their hands as well. It cannot be broken and if either of the two people try to break it...they will die," he responded back to me as he watched me closely. I didn't say anything back as I looked at Severus, who was sitting beside me.

He said softly, "You don't have to worry dear okay?"

I just nodded my head in response.

~After Miranda Left~

~Severus's POV~

I was curiously on to why Albus isn't agreeing to not telling her anything.

I said to him after Miranda left, "Albus how are you going to keep that a secret from her? She deserves to know some of this." "Severus if I tell her, she will be really upset. I don't want to risk her doing something like what she did to herself last time...it truly broke my heart to see her like that. I'm afraid on what she would do if she knew everything now." "I know I felt the same way as well...I guess we both really care about her a lot."

"Yes I think so too...Severus it's the best choice to keep it from her. I don't want her to be hurt again after everything she has been through this year. Her and young Harry aren't ready to know things just yet. It's too soon for the both of them." "If it's for the best then, I agree too Headmaster." "Miranda and Harry both mean a great deal to me Severus...I really truly care about them two. " I just nodded my head, "I understand Albus. I really do."

It was silent until he asked me, "Is something on your mind Severus?"

I looked up at him with tears forming in my eyes. I nodded again and sighed, "Yeah...it's just with the Dark Lord back and everything...I fear that I will lose Miranda for something that I will do." "Severus she really loves you and she knows all about your past. I'm sure she won't let anything keep you two apart. But yet with the Dark Lord returning...it will be risky." I didn't say anything as we looked at each other. He looked at me, "You know I trust you Severus and Miranda does too...whatever happens between you two...I will stick by till the very end. Everything will be okay."

I nodded my head at him and smiled.

I hope everything from now on will be alright...