Chapter 8: Even More Confused

~ Miranda's POV ~

As Harry and I walked inside from the cold, I couldn't help but be in shock.

I didn't think this would occur, but it did. I can't believe what happened. Harry unexpectedly kissed me, and I kissed him back. The main question is, why did I let myself do that? Better yet, why did he? I thought he was crushing on Cho Chang, not me! I felt something small with him, yet he's my best friend. I am truly and honestly confused about my feelings. Is this part of being a young teenager? If it is, then it bloody sucks. After all, our teenage hormones are starting to rage now. First, I had my first kiss with my Potions teacher a few days ago and now today, Harry. I got kissed both by Harry and Professor Snape, and both told me they loved me. I know Harry and I love each other as best friends, as we always will, but still, that's not the point. I could tell that Harry was depressed when I saw him sitting by himself outside.

I was comforting him since no one else seemed like they would be with him. Yet, I used to have a crush on Harry during the first year and some of the second year. My crush on him slowly faded by the middle of the second year. Because we're close friends, I didn't want to mess that up. I mean, the two of us have a good connection. Then, in year three, my unexpected and conflicting crush on Professor Snape started. Harry said bye to me and walked away. With all these thoughts in my mind, I searched for Hermione and found her in the library, looking for books. I went up to her, "Hey Hermione, I need to tell you something that I don't think I can keep to myself because of the fact I'm very confused by it." "What is it, Miranda?" She looked at me, watching my face with concern.

I paused and whispered so no one could overhear, "Well, to make the long story short, Harry shockingly kissed me, and I-I kissed him back. I was sitting and talking to comfort him and give him company." Since Hermione and I are like sisters, we knew much about each other, secret crushes and everything. She looked shocked and whispered back, trying to sound loud for us to be overheard, "Wait, he what?" "Yeah, I know, but it's true. It's what happened. I mean, maybe we got caught up in the moment, but I really don't know for sure." "Well, how did you feel about it? I mean, did you like it? After all, I can't imagine why he would do that. We're all close as friends. Unless something's going on with him that we don't know about. Not to mention, he and Ron aren't talking to each other, and we're stuck in the middle."

"Honestly, I don't know how I feel. It's exactly what you said, which is why I'm confused, and you know how I used to feel about Harry. Not to mention me and Snape so far with what happened and what he admitted, and we haven't talked much since then---Harry also told me he loved me too. I hope it was in a friendly way for the sake of my confused mind." "I can see why you're confused, Miranda. I know I usually have answers or advice, but in this case, I'm not sure what to tell you to do. I don't know what's happening with Harry; I haven't really been with him lately. You said Professor Dumbledore's open to talk if you need to, right?" "Yeah, why?" "Maybe you should talk to him then to see what he says," she suggested. "I'm sorry, Miranda," she said, looking at me. "I think I'll go talk to Professor Dumbledore. I'm sure he won't mind, and it's okay, no worries."

I gave her a reassuring smile to ease her as I left the library to go to Dumbledore.

On the way to his office, I ran into him in the hallway. I stopped him, "Professor Dumbledore." He turned and looked at me, "Yes, Ms. Parker?" "Can I freely talk to you? If you know what I mean." "Of course, I was heading to my office just now. What's on your mind?" We walked along the hallways while on the way to his office. "Well, something happened, and I don't know how to process it; I'm mostly confused and conflicted. I tried to ask for advice from Hermione, but she didn't know what to tell me and suggested I talk to you instead." "What happened that's making you confused, Miranda?" "Well, long story short, Harry and I are best friends, but earlier, he unexpectedly kissed me while I was comforting him and trying to keep him company. I don't know if we just got caught up in the moment or what, but it happened."