Chapter 34: The Real Moody and One of Those Moments

Once I seemed to stop crying, Severus whispered in my ear, "You're shaking love..."

Dumbledore came over and asked concernedly, "Are you alright Miranda?" I responded, "I don't know honestly...it was horrifying to face him again sir. Now since Harry and I escaped...I'm sure he will be after us." Severus said to Dumbledore, "Speaking of Potter Headmaster...where is he?" Dumbledore, Severus and I all looked at each other and started to walk to Professor McGonagall. Dumbledore asked her, "Minerva...have you seen Harry?" "Last I seen him Albus, was when he went off with Alaster..."

We all looked at each other and ran towards where Mad-Eye and Harry went.

Dumbledore got ahead of us and shot some type of spell on Mad-Eye. I ran over to Harry and held on to his arm carefully for protection. I asked him, "Does your cut hurt bad still Harry?" "No, not so much anymore Miiranda." We watched from a distance as Dumbledore, Minerva, and Severus were crowded around each other. We were standing near a chest and Dumbledore stated, "Harry, Miranda...get away from there!" Harry and I did as we were told and we moved aside. When the chest finally opened, the real Professor Moody was in there.

Harry was confused, "If that's Moody...but then who's this?" Severus opened the small bottle from his hands and smelled it. He muttered, "Polyjuice potion." Dumbledore looked at him and responded; "Now we know who's been stealing that from your store Severus." Severus and Harry just looked at each other. I remembered Harry telling me that Severus was blaming Harry for stealing Polyjuice potion; when he didn't steal anything. Harry and I stood back as we were watching Barty Crouch Jr. transforming.

He wanted to see Harry's marking, which was only just the cut on his arm. Dumbledore grabs Harry and lifts up Harry's arm to show his cut. I look down and saw Barty Crouch Jr's marking...his was alive and moving as well. He said, "You know what this means don't you? He's back...Lord Voldemort has really returned." I looked at Severus terrified again as he looked back at me. I was right all along about everything. My life has gone downhill ever since this bloody year started.

But Severus is the only good thing in my life besides my friends.

I started to shake with pure fear and Harry grabbed my hand. We looked at each other and he knew what I was thinking. There was another nightmare that I hope won't come true...the one that no one knows about except me and Harry. I was hoping deeply that Severus doesn't get killed by Voldemort. It suddenly felt like all the memories of this year came into my mind at once. Not wanting everyone to see how upset I'm about to get, I thought quickly. I ran out crying...pass the arena where Cedric was laying...pass the school...and out near the woods. I sat by the lake and leaned on the tree trunk.

Thinking about everything and including my life...

A tear fell down my cheeks and down onto the grass as I wiped my eyes. I heard footsteps and a faint voice, "Miranda...sweetie." I turned my head to see that it was only Severus. I'm guessing Dumbledore sent Severus out to check up on me and see why I ran out like that. We both didn't say anything but he sat down beside me and pulled me into his lap. I leaned my back against him as he leaned his head down and softly kissed me. I kissed him back as he wiped the tears from my cheeks and eyes. "Don't cry dear...I know your scared and afraid...but I will be here for you no matter what. So will your friends." He looked into my eyes and I knew that he meant every word of it.

~Snape's POV~

I looked into Miranda's eyes and I knew that she was horrified about what happened earlier.

When I looked at Potter...I saw it in him too.

I continued to say to her, "Miranda, you have gone through so much this year but yet you remain brave and strong...that's what I think it takes to be a true Gryffindor...bravery...you and your friends all have it. You believed something in me that no one did before. Everything about you is why I truly fell in love with you." I looked at her and I could tell that I touched her but everything I said is true. Something that happened between us changed me completely. Albus noticed this as well and saw that I was happy...which is very rare for me.

Miranda and I didn't say anything much as I softly kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her. She yawned as I asked, "Getting sleepy?" "Just a-little bit Severus yeah." Albus then walked over to us as he stood near Miranda and me. I don't know why but it feels like the three of us have gotten closer together...I think Albus felt that as well. He said, "Severus...I think it's best if Miranda here goes and sleeps with you. I don't think she should be sleeping alone tonight after everything that happened today."

Miranda smiled and responded, "Thank you Professor and that's fine with me...I kind of am afraid to go to sleep by myself anyway." I repsonded, "Its fine with me also sir. I think that is for the best." Albus looked at us and walked into the school as Miranda and I got up from the tree trunk. She asked me, "Severus...do you think you can carry me? I don't think I can walk anymore." I nodded my head as I picked her up bridal style and walked into school; to my personal room. Once I got there, I sat her down on the edge of my bed as she began to undress herself.

I handed her one of my t-shirts, "Here...just sleep in this tonight love." She nodded her head as she began to change and I went into the bathroom to do the same. When I got out, I sat my cloths aside and saw Miranda near the edge of the bed. I chuckled as I stared at her in my oversized t-shirt. The shirt came down to like mid-thigh as she asked, "What do you think?" "I think you look adorable sweetie." She giggled and smiled as I smiled back.

I really cannot imagine my life without her...I love her so much...she's my life...

~Miranda's POV~

Severus and I both got into bed as I laid close to him.

I sighed to myself as I remembered the conversation I had with Voldemort. I sat up as Severus asked, "Dear what's wrong?" He rubbed my back as he sat up as well; then I told him what Harry and I went through. After I was done he asked, "You really said all that about me?" I nodded my head as he smiled a-little but responded, "You were very brave to stand up to him about me like that." I could tell that Severus wanted to say a lot more but became speechless. He was definitely moved by what I said about him.

I grabbed his hand to reassure him, "I understand that you're speechless love because I am too." "Have you told Dumbledore about all this yet?" "No I haven't why?" "Because you do need to tell him." "I will don't worry Severus. " We laid down as I cuddled against him and he wrapped his arm around me. I put my head on his chest as I yawned but shivered. He kissed my forehead and said, "It's all over now...it's alright Miranda...I'm here with you."

I was honestly shook up about it and he felt it. I'm going to try and get permission from Dumbledore to see if I can spend a night with Harry...I think he can use it. I don't think he should be alone either. Severus knew I couldn't fall asleep so he hugged me tightly against him. We held hands as he whispered, "Just breath love...it's going to be okay soon." I said softly, "I love you Severus." He whispered back, "I love you too honey."

Eventually, we both fell asleep and I'm so glad to have someone like Severus in my life.