Chapter 9: Lucky Strike and Wondering

~ Miranda's POV ~

~ Meanwhile ~

After a while, I noticed that Severus never came back from going to talk to Professor Dumbledore.

In order to figure out if he was alright or not, I decided to go up to his personal room and pay him a visit. I said bye to my friends, not bothering to tell any of them where I was going, and walked all the way to his personal room. On the way there, many thoughts and images began streaming through my head, both good and bad thoughts. The type of thoughts that a student shouldn't think of towards a teacher, and yet I am. I do think of those thoughts---and it's because of a teacher like Severus Snape that makes me think that way. Like I want to feel his lips on mine again; they felt so good and right. The way he held me unexpectedly caught me off guard. The words he spoke, the way he looked into my eyes. In a way, it made me feel...hypnotized, bad, but in a good way. Once I came to his personal room door, I stood there for a brief moment like a deer.

I shouldn't feel so nervous or shaky about this, but I do. I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door, waiting and looking down at my feet. My eyes went back up to the door as I heard him opening it, having me standing there. I immediately felt tension between us as he motioned me to come in. I walked in the door as he closed it---probably knowing the reason why I came here. Yes, I came here to check on him, but now I almost want to go for something that I may or may not regret doing later on. I was going to sit down on his couch, but I stopped walking, and so did he. With both of us suddenly pausing, I looked at his face and then down shyly. I spoke up nervously, "Hello, Pro—Severus." "Hello, Miranda." I wonder if he's battling similar feelings as I am right now. I really don't know how to describe the feeling---but I feel like I just had to see him for some reason.

In a situation like this, anyone would be. Because here I am standing here with my Potion's teacher, who's also my crush. "You never came back into the Great Hall, so I just came to check and see if things were okay. Since Professor Dumbledore wanted to talk to you." "Yes, everything's fine, Miranda. I appreciate you being concerned for my well-being. I needed a moment or two to collect myself before I had to do anything else. That is all." There was an awkward, silent moment between us. I couldn't bring myself to say anything back to him, nor could he say anything to me. Yet, the awkwardness is driving my feelings for him insane. My heart is throbbing out of my chest. It's like being stuck in a room when something bad happened---an argument between a couple or two people crushing on one another but too nervous to admit it. I gulped nervously as I looked into his eyes. He then walked closer to me and put a couple of pieces of my hair behind my ear.

We continued to stare into each other's eyes...

Forgive me for what I'm about to do, brain, I thought to myself.

"Sev--" "Shhh, don't say anything." I can't bloody take it anymore; I'm going to go for it and see what happens. I'm positive that he can hear how fast my heart is beating from nervousness. With that, I leaned up on my tiptoes, closed my eyes, and kissed his lips softly. Very surprisingly, he kissed me back just as softly. I could tell that he was feeling different emotions, yet he wanted this to be happening. Maybe something made him change his mind. In return for his unexpected reaction, I kissed him back more, wrapping my arms around his neck. I started messing with his hair as he put his hands on my waist, pulling me in closer. Soon, the kisses got deeper as we backed up until we reached his bed, and me lay down without breaking the kiss. We both knew it was wrong to do this. But we can't deny the chemistry that's been stringing along lately.