Chapter 20: My Birthday and Interaction with Snape

~ Next Morning ~

I woke up the following morning, yawning and stretching as I rubbed my eyes.

Once my eyes adjusted, I noticed that Harry wasn't here next to me. Maybe he was in one of his classes, I guess, and didn't want to wake me up. Just as I was thinking to get out of bed, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and the twins came bursting into the room and crowded around me. They all shouted cheerfully, "Happy birthday Miranda!" I laughed and smiled big, "Aww thanks guys, this is too sweet of you! But you guys don't need to skip school for me today just 'cause it's my birthday..." Fred and George both said with a smile, "But we are skipping Miranda, plus it's Friday!"

Hermione added, "We won't let you sit in bed all day on your birthday Miranda. You know that Mum would want you to have a good day with us together." I smiled at her as I watched Harry come closer to me, "Come on...get up and get ready Miranda." I looked down at myself, realizing here I was still in my pajamas while my friends were already dressed. "Why, what are we doing Harry," I asked as I got up and made my bed. He responded, "I went and talked to Professor Dumbledore about all of us going out for your birthday today and he gave us permission to do so. Because you can use it, a day off at least, from what happened between you and Snape and plus with your Stepfather's death."

I looked away and then back up to them, "I'm really glad that he said that." And with that, I went and took a quick shower. "I promise I won't be long," I shouted as I left with my clothes to go get clean and dressed. Everyone decided to go wait in the Common Room for me, while I finished getting ready. Once I finished, I smiled with myself as I headed out of my room and down to the Common Room. Once I got down there, they smiled at me as I looked ahead of them in the hallway to see Professor Dumbledore standing there. Noticing where I was looking, I looked at them, "Hold on guys I'll be right back."

I went out to the hallway as I looked up at Professor Dumbledore.

He asked, "Miranda, would you mind if I speak to you for a moment?" I nodded my head as we started to walk along the hallway. "First off, I wanted to personally tell you happy birthday. Secondly, I wanted to see how you're holding up..." "Thank you for the birthday wish Professor. I'm doing okay really; for now. Harry and I are a couple now...or trying to be one at least." "Ah, I sensed something was going on when you two walked into lunch yesterday holding hands. I suspected it, but I wanted to be sure before asking." I just blushed at his response, realizing that he already suspected or knew about me and Harry. Noticing that I was blushing, Professor Dumbledore lightly chuckled some.

"Good for you Miranda...I had a suspension that young Harry seemed to have something for you deep inside." "How can you tell Professor?" "The way he seemed to look at you certain times and there is the jealousy he seem to have with what you and Severus had." "Jealousy sir?" "Yes Miranda, jealousy. Seems to me that young Harry was jealous when it came to you and Severus's relationship and now I think Severus is too now; deep inside of himself." "I don't understand how or why Snape would be jealous sir since he was a jerk to me in the first place..." I think it only took a moment for Professor Dumbledore to notice that I called Snape by his last name and not his first---for a reason that I know I don't have to say out loud.

We continued to walk and talk along the hallways of the school as I was enjoying this one-on-one time. "Miranda, when you and young Harry were together yesterday at lunch I took notice right away of the way Severus glanced at you. I also saw that you looked at him as well, but alas, I think you were afraid of what he will think of it." In a way, Professor Dumbledore was right; I'm scared of what Snape will think of me and Harry. Better yet, I'm just scared period. "Professor, I did see that he was jealous a little when I stared into his eyes. But I also saw that he was still mad from our fight, so I looked away. When I looked into his eyes again, I saw some hope and faith deep inside. But that didn't last long because he soon just looked away."