Chapter 14: Trying to Forgive

~ Miranda's POV ~

~ The Following Morning ~

I found myself to suddenly wake up, just as I saw the sun starting to come up through the window in the room.

I had listened to Harry and got plenty of rest last night; I'm actually feeling better than I was yesterday. I still feel sore some, but better than previously. I laid there in the hospital bed, thinking of me and Snape's past as I was trying to wake up more. Such as, like when I snuck into his room to see him and I ended up losing my virginity, that day when I had my first kiss with him in the middle of the classroom after class was over, and the times where we would suddenly stare at each other and looking away quickly in the past. Honestly, I've never felt like this before in my life. I know I shouldn't feel this way because he's my teacher but I can't help it. I turned over while sighing to myself and found myself to be falling back asleep.

I don't know how much time went by but, I woke up with the smell of the breakfast tray next to me.

I sat up and yawned as I brought the breakfast tray closer to me. I started to eat the meal as Madam Promfrey was checking up on me and putting more medicine on my cuts and bruises; that were slowly healing. After all of that was done, Professor Dumbledore came in to see me and sat on the edge of the bed. He asked me, "Hello Miranda, how are you feeling today?" "Hello sir. My body hurts some from being sore I guess, but I feel a little better than I did yesterday." "May I ask you something, dear Miranda?" "Yes, sir of course." "It's about Severus..." "What about him?" "How do you feel about him now?" I couldn't say anything right away as he said, "I can tell that the two of you have some sort of love feeling heightening."

"I—I just don't know any more honestly Professor about him or what to feel." "Well, I have to say that Severus was crying last night when I came in to talk to him---it looked like he was crying for a good while." "Was he really?" "Yes he was and when I looked at him, I could tell that he was truly sorry for all this. I don't know the reasoning for his actions. Although, he just couldn't stop crying with so much regret in his eyes." I was honestly speechless at this point. I mean, Severus Snape seems like a really tough man that would take a lot to get him to cry like that by himself. I couldn't say anything except, "I quite don't know what to say Professor..." "Will you forgive him Miranda?"

"I'm not sure honestly....I'm sorry for not being able to give you a certain answer."

"I understand where you're coming from Miranda and I know you're scared for something like that happening to you." I didn't say anything else as I just looked at him. "I think you should try to forgive him Miranda because if you don't, I'm afraid that he'll explode somehow or go on a break-down of some sort." "I know Professor. I don't want him to get like that either, but what he did really hurt me...and honestly yes I am scared..." He then grabbed my hand as he looked at me with kind eyes, "Miranda, I can tell that he's growing to love you and that he cares about you a lot too. Quite more than just a normal student, I may add at that. I think he would be happy if you find it in your heart to forgive him. I also know that deep down you love him too, even though you're trying hard to hide it from people, like myself."

I just looked down shyly, away from him.

I heard him continuing to say, "Miranda I hope you think about what I said and try to be happy. One can forgive but never forget. But it's important to love at all costs." "I'll think about it Professor, I promise." And with that, he smiled softly at me as he said goodbye and left the room. I completely sat up in bed as tears were forming in my eyes. While I was in deep thought about what Professor Dumbledore had said, I saw that Hagrid was walking in see me. Since I was able to walk, I got up, went into his arms, and start to cry. Hagrid seemed startled at first, not knowing what to say or do. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me tightly and tried to calm me down, wiping my tears away.

He asked me, "What's bothering ya Miranda?" All I managed to get out was, "Snape ..." "I know all about what happened Miranda, Professor McGonagall told me the whole story. I can't believe he did somethin' like that to ye." I looked up at him since he was much bigger than me, "I don't know what to do Hagrid." "The best thing ya could do Miranda is just talk to him about it." "But Hagrid, I'm scared to face him again. I don't know if I even want to." "I know ya are but ya have to Miranda...running away from ya problems isn't the best way to solve them. I reckon that he's scared to face ya again too, I bet."

He then winked at me as I got what he was saying, making me giggle in return. He looked at me with a huge smile on his face, "Now keep that little smile on your face for the people who care about ya, okay?" "Okay, I will try my best too." "Now that's over with...how are ya feeling today?" "I'm better some but still sore...just been trying to get plenty of rest like Harry wants me to do." "That's good. I couldn't go about with my day without comin' by quick here to see how ye were doin'." "I'm glad that you did Hagrid, thank you." "Ya welcome...don't forget to come by and see me sometime alright?" "I won't Hagrid, promise."

He then left as I got back into bed again and started to think.