RIP Robbie Coltrane🪄"I'll not be here sadly..but Hagrid will be yes.."💛🧙🏻‍♂️

I strongly believe it's only fitting if I do this because I did the same thing when Alan Rickman first passed.

It's very unfortunate news to write this, but sadly our beloved Robbie Coltrane passed away today (the day I officially wrote this) at the age of 72. October 14, 2022.😭 As many Harry Potter fans know, Robbie portrayed the funny, humble, and kind role of Hagrid. No one could imagine anyone else playing the role of Hagrid, other than Robbie himself. He made the character come alive. Because, like Harry said in The Chamber of Secrets, "There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid."🧙🏻‍♂️

To whoever reads this, I can say that it hurts me to learn of his passing, just like with Alan Rickman. Everyone loved and respected him; the internet is mourning this tragic loss this weekend. Over time, we have lost many fellow Harry Potter actors/actresses, but at least Robbie is in heaven now with them all. I feel bad for Robbie's family, friends; the HP cast, and, most of all, millions of fans worldwide.

Upon reading many articles, I learned that he may have been really sick over the last two years of his life. At first, for a while, there weren't any official statements when he passed that stated what his cause of death was. But now, in 2023, there are some public articles and such involving Robbie that state them. Wikipedia updated his illness and cause of death, being, as it turns out, to be several causes. (This is heartbreaking to type.) As some may know, Robbie suffered from osteoarthritis later on in his life as he was always in pain; he was in a wheelchair in 2019. Osteoarthritis is a type of degenerative  that results from the breakdown of  an underlying bone. According to his death certificate, Robbie's causes of death were due to multiple organ failure which is complicated by sepsis, and heart block. Sepsis is a lower respiratory tract infection.

As everyone knows or who doesn't know already, there's a 20th-anniversary Harry Potter special on HBO Max. Robbie was a part of the many cast members that reunited for it. By now, you can probably still find it on HBO Max or find clips of it off of YouTube; including Robbie's part. I recommend checking it out because as a huge Harry Potter fan, watching this anniversary special really warmed my heart. I will share a picture of some of what he said during the special down below.

The world didn't know then, as this came out in early January 2022, but by him saying those words, he truly meant it

The world didn't know then, as this came out in early January 2022, but by him saying those words, he truly meant it. Because now he's sadly gone and it's very shocking to know and hear. I wanted to share this because Hagrid is an HP character mentioned throughout this particular story, and it was only right to do so. He will be missed dearly by millions of fans like me. But most of all, he will be loved..always. I'm heartbroken and don't know much of what to say. As he said, he will live on through Hagrid and through all of his other work, along with many memories over his lifetime.

RIP Robbie Coltrane, I love you and will miss you, forever.🪄🪄🙏🏼😭💛🫂

🪄🪄🙏🏼😭💛🫂