Chapter 25: The Yule Ball

~ A Week Later ~

I silently sighed to myself as I got out of the shower, drying myself off. It's getting closer and closer to the time for the ball to start soon. I couldn't believe it was Christmas Eve already. I was really nervous about how everything would go tonight. A couple girls I share my room with, were getting ready as the same time as me. They're dresses were really beautiful as I saw them lying on the beds and they told me who they were going with.

I also knew who all my friends were going with. Ginny and Neville were surprisingly going together, Ron and Harry said they were going with two girls whom I didn't know, Hermione is happily going with Victor Krum, Fred was going with Angelina, and lastly...I'm going with George.

I put my lace purple strapless dress on and went into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. While I was fixing my hair one of the girls said, "I really think your dress is pretty Miranda." "Thanks a lot....yours is too." She grinned at me and asked, "So, who are you going to the ball with?" I looked at my blonde hair roommate and responded with a smile, "George Weasley." She looked back at me shocked. "You are lucky to be going with him; he seems like a nice guy." I just smiled again, "Fred and George are both nice and funny brothers."

She smiled back at me and we did our makeup together.

I put on some mascara and Vanilla flavored Chap Stick as my roommate wanted to finish doing my makeup. I also just left my hair down with my beautiful curls, which went just past my shoulders. I went down and out of the common room to find George waiting for me in the hallway. He looked up and down with his eyes as I just giggled. He stated, "Miranda you look really bloody beautiful." I blushed some, "Thanks George and you look handsome yourself." He just laughed and had his arm out.

I tangled my arm in his as we both left to go meet up with Fred and Angelina at the ball.

Apparently when we got there, Fred and Angelina ended up saying something similar to what George said to me. I'm probably going to be getting a lot of compliments tonight, I thought to myself. Soon after that, everyone had to start splitting up so the house winners can come through with their dates and be the first to dance.

I didn't recognize the guy who Fleur was with, Harry was with a pretty Indian-looking girl, Hermione was with Victor as she looked at me and we both smiled, and lastly Cedric was with Cho, of course. He also looked towards my way and gave me a friendly smile as I did the same back. We all let them start the dance and then people slowly started to come in and dance along.

I giggled as Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall joined in to dance. Fred and Angelina then went in not too far away from us. George held his hand out and asked, "Would you like to dance Miranda?" I took his hand and responded, "I would love to George." We both smiled and went near were Dumbledore and McGonagall were dancing.

After that was over, George and I danced through a few more songs. Soon we both headed away from the crowd so he can get us some drinks. I was really thirsty and out of breath from all that already. I then noticed that Hermione was sitting beside Harry and Ron. I realized that neither of them wanted to dance and the Indian girls were looking towards them, wanting too. It's easy for me to see that something's going on between Ron and Hermione. Hermione then got up irritated at Ron and walked away from them two.

I headed towards them and stood in-front of them, "Hey guys." They just responded back, "Hey Miranda." Harry got up and looked at me, "Miranda, you look amazing." "Thanks Harry, I have been getting a few comments tonight with this dress on." We walked around and continued some in the hallway, away from all the noise. "Who brought you that dress Miranda?" "George did Harry." "George did?" "Yeah, why are you surprised?" "I'm not surprised, I was just wondering." "Oh...do you know what happened between Hermione and Ron?"

"Well I believe Ron doesn't approve of Hermione going with Victor." "Hmm, sounds like someone is jealous." Harry laughed and said, "Yeah well, we will see what happens with that." Harry decided sooner after to walk back to Ron as Cedric came up to me. "Hey Miranda...you look stunning by the way." "Hey Cedric and thanks a lot," I stated as I blushed noticeably.

"Awe someone is blushing!!" Cedric teased and laughed. "Cedric, it's not funny, stop it!" "Well it is to me because it's adorable." He looked at me as I stuck my tongue out at him and he just smiled. George then came back and found me as he handed me a drink. I started to drink it as Cho dragged him by his arm and he told me bye. George asked me, "Are you and Cedric friends?" "Yeah we're just starting to be...he's actually a nice guy." "He seems like it...I just don't like that bloody slut Cho." 

I almost choked on my drink as I started to laugh, not expecting to hear that out of him.

"George!" I playfully hit his arm as he puts his arms around me. We both just started to laugh again even more. George and I then just walked around a little, taking a long break from the excitement. His right arm was around my waist as we walked along, talking and laughing. I then turned a corner as I looked and saw Severus staring right back at me in a distance. I saw he was jealous and I completely understood why.

Last night, was when I had detention for getting in a fight with Cho. She and I are sort of cool with each other now, I hope. Detention was interesting enough and now Severus and I were kind of starting a secret relationship. Professor Dumbledore and Severus will let me tell Hermione, Harry, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and of course the twins.

Cedric...is a maybe but I don't know yet. Other than that, I can't tell anyone for obvious reasons. Anyways, I looked at Snape and I smiled at him. He gave me a small smile; meaning that we will talk later. I honestly couldn't be happier to spend Christmas with him. Afterwards. we walked back to the crowd and heard a song came on that made everyone gather around the band. George and I went beside Fred and Angelina and started to dance along happily. I saw Hermione was nearby me with Victor so I gave her a smile as we were back to back with each other.

All of us were just having a good time...except for Ron and Harry.

Once the song was over, George went with Fred somewhere, which I didn't mind at all. I went over to where Harry and Ron were sitting to take a break. Apparently, Ron didn't feel like dancing still so I said to Harry, "Please come dance with me Harry!" "No way Miranda." "Please at least this once," as I did my sad puppy dog face on him.

He laughed and gave in, "Well...I can't let my best friend down who looks beautiful." He smiled at me playfully as I blushed some which made him laugh again. At least he didn't tease me like Cedric did. Harry and I went to dance with the song that came on next. We were both smiling and having fun. I happened to look over to Dumbledore and he smiled at Harry and I. Harry looked over to Dumbledore and saw he was smiling; so we both smiled back at him and continued to dance.

After that, Harry and I went to look for Ron and Hermione. We found Hermione sitting on the stairs and Ron walking up the stairs. I looked at Harry as I went to Hermione and he went to Ron. I sat with Hermione as she told me everything that happened and I comforted her for awhile. We both looked really pretty and I hated to see her so upset like this. 

I smiled and thought of what we used to do with each other if one of us got upset.

I made her get up off the stairs with me as I started to dance. I think she started to remember as she smiled and danced with me. It seemed to make her feel a lot better and thanked me for cheering her up. After that, we went to find the twins. Once we found them, we just hanged out with them for the rest of the dance. Of course Victor and Hermione hung out a little bit too.

A couple hours later, the dance ended. But during the time I was with Hermione, I told her about Severus and I and what happened in detention. She soon smiled and said, "Now go on and meet him near his personal room. Merry Christmas Miranda. I love you." "Merry Christmas Hermione and I love you too girl."

We hugged and I went to meet Severus near his personal room.