Chapter 12: Injured

Knowing it was cool out, I went back into my room to grab a jacket before I walked around outside.

As soon as I grabbed a jacket, I walked back down and out the door. When I stepped outside, I could feel the cool breeze whip by me as the cool, misty air was wrapping itself around me. I started to think about Severus Snape, along with my feelings and confusion involving him. Sometimes, he confuses me with his actions a lot, especially lately. I guess it's because the way he really is, I don't know. I have such mixed emotions more and more, and it's hard at times to ignore it. I mean, he's my teacher, after all, and I'm one of his students. Maybe I should go to the lake and sit underneath the tree; that'll ease me. The lake looked like it was really cold if you were sticking your feet into it. You can see how big the tree is by a certain distance. You can also start to see its shadow as the sun rises more and more.

I sat down underneath the tree and pulled some grass while thinking about everything, getting into deep thought. Some may judge me for this, but to me, he's sexy and attractive in a mysterious way; I can't explain it. Something about him is craving and lustful; it's dangerous but hot at the same time. I mean, after all we've done, is it worth going any further? Should I try and put these feelings aside, even though I'm falling for him? Has this even been worth it? I wish I could just read what my heart is saying to find out the answer. Suddenly, I turned around quickly and saw a tall black figure standing there. I jumped back a little, startled, not knowing who was standing there. I turned around again to get a better look, and I realized it was just Severus. I didn't say anything to him right away as he seemed to stand there for a moment, so I stood up.

He walked over to me and slapped me across the face without saying a word.

I immediately fell to the ground, hard on my knees, as I felt the spot where he slapped me. My cheek was in a little pain as I tried to hold back tears. I looked up at him angrily, "What the bloody hell was that for Severus?" His voice was raised, and he looked mad, "Tell me, why did you tell everyone that we slept together, Miranda?!" "I didn't tell everyone! Only my friends know about it: Hermione, Harry, Ron, Neville, and the Weasley twins! That's it." "You little, insolent liar!" "I'm not lying to you; I swear, Severus, I'm not! You said only my friends, and that's what I did! I followed your orders." "How did I come to find out during breakfast then? Half of the students and staff know what we did! I told you to only tell a few people, and that's it!" "That's what I bloody did, Severus! I don't know how people found out, but it surely isn't from me or any of my friends!" His face was getting red, and he looked really angry as he slapped me again.

"I don't believe you. You can get me fired, and it'll be your fault because of having sex with a minor." "You wanted sex as bad as me; how is it my fault?" He kept hitting me, and soon, he was punching me. He kicked my side, hitting my rib as I screamed in pain and cried loudly. "Please stop Severus...I'm...I'm telling the truth...I swear!" He put his hand on my mouth, trying to keep me from screaming and talking so loud. This is so scary; I've never seen him this angry. He wasn't listening to a word I was saying, and I don't know who this is anymore. I'm terrified, and I need to get away. I got his hand off my mouth as Harry, Ron, and Hermione came running, seeing Professor Snape hurting me. I saw that Hermione ran inside to get Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. Harry and Ron quickly ran over to try to get Severus to stop by jumping on him and using spells, but he just kept pushing them off.

Severus was truly angry; I'd never ever seen him like this.

I wasn't even crying in tears of pain at the moment; it was of horror.

Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall then came running toward Severus and me. Professor Dumbledore grabbed Severus and pulled him far away from me. Professor McGonagall helped me up as I immediately hugged her tightly, muttering softly, "Thank you." She looked at me with tears that I was trying to hold back, then at Professor Dumbledore as he stared at me. I didn't expect Professor McGonagall to hold me in a tight embrace, but she did. I glanced over at Harry as he seemed like he was about to explode on Sev-Snape with anger. Ron and Hermione seemed to be shocked as I was hurt badly by what he did. I have a black eye, a bloody-hurt nose, possibly a broken rib or more, and bruises throughout my body. My jacket and robes weren't damaged, but I was physically and emotionally.

I turned my head to look at Snape as Professor Dumbledore was holding him back firmly, "Calm yourself now, Severus. What has suddenly gotten into you?" I yelled out to him in front of everyone, "Why did you do this to me, Snape? I've never in my life expected you to be filled with such hatred and anger, especially towards me. I have done nothing bad to you except all good things. Everything was fine between us till these few moments. I only did what you asked, and you don't believe me. I truly don't know how people found out that we slept together, but it wasn't from me or my friends. It's not our fault that we have these feelings that cannot be ignored....it's...it's not my fault that I'm slowly falling in love with you, and I can't stop it..." The tears that were in my eyes started to fall as I tried to hold them back the best that I could, but I couldn't.

I didn't want everyone to see me crying once again. So, I broke free of Professor McGonagall's embrace, and I started to run as I faintly heard my name being called, begging them for me to come back. I didn't care if I was badly injured and I couldn't even run well; I needed to cry. My vision soon got blurry from the tears as I fell to the ground. Hermione, Ron, and Harry ran up beside me, followed by Professor McGonagall behind them. Professor Dumbledore ended up letting Snape go as we all watched him walk away inside the school. A couple of minutes later, I stood up carefully as everyone helped me to the hospital wing. Once there, Madam Promfrey said I would be in there for a couple of days at least so that I could fully heal from all the wounds.

Everyone decided to leave except Harry; he wanted to stay. Snape tried to come in as I shrugged my head no. Right way, Madam Promfrey told him to get out as she could sense that I didn't want to see him. At the moment, I didn't want to see him at all, not now, anyway. I was too scared and horrified by everything that just occurred. It was just me and Harry as Madam Promfrey left. I looked at Harry, "Thanks for saving me back there, Harry; you don't know how thankful I am." "You're welcome, Miranda. Hermione, Ron, and I had to do something. We couldn't just let Snape half beat you up like that." "Yeah, I know. I don't know why he did that; I only did what he asked." "I'm not trying to bring it up, Miranda, but why did he do that?" "He said I told everyone that we slept together when we didn't. He didn't believe me, and that's when he first slapped me."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes again as I started to shake.

Harry immediately grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it. I glanced at him as I faintly smiled, and he smiled back. "I mean, I'm starting to trust Snape enough to feel comfortable with him. And you know it takes me a lot to trust people, Harry. Then, he goes and does this to me out of nowhere when I can't help what I feel deep down..." I started to cry a little without realizing it. I felt the grip of his hand tighten ever so slightly as he used his thumb to rub it against my thumb. "Miranda, come on, he's not worth your tears right now. Don't cry," Harry stated as he was trying his best to comfort me. Still, deep down, I won't ever forget that Severus Snape somehow did this to me, and it's going to scar me.