Chapter 24: Detention with Snape Again

I went up to the potions room and opened the door, finding him sitting in his desk.

He stated in his cool voice, "Sit down Miranda." I sat down in the seat across from him and looked down at my shoes, feeling nervous and some-what awkward. Both of us didn't say anything, I just sat there. "So are you still with Potter Miranda," he suddenly asked.  I shook my head, "No, we talked alone earlier and decided it was best to stay as best friends. He loves me as a sister and even though with everything going on and what had happened, he didn't want to ruin our friendship"

"Pity ...I knew that wasn't going to last long."

I stood up and went over to his desk surprised by the way he's talking, "What is that supposed to mean Severus?!" "Potter is just like his father. You are just like your mother. Perfect match, I should say." He then got up out of his seat and I could easily tell that he was not acting like himself. Now his voice was raising some and was getting closer to me.

"Not all relationships come from friendships Miranda. This is not a fantasy world where you could wonder around like a bloody slut or so gullible like you are; while all your little insolent friends go along behind you like long lost puppies."

I was shocked by all this.

I got close to his face and responded, "What happened to you all of a sudden Severus? You're not the kind man like you usually are to me. You used to say you care about me, now it seems like you're using me like a memory which made you so upset." "Maybe it's telling you something then Ms. Parker." He then made an evil smirk at me. Bloody hell, I hate him so much when he gets like this. I hope he's not trying to turn evil slowly or something. I turned around to leave disgusted with myself but he stated, "You have detention Miranda, you can't leave."

I went to the back of the classroom and sat in the corner. I didn't deserve this. Just when I thought Severus and I were okay and he will be mine, he cruel talks to me again. I don't know if something is horribly wrong or not but I just want to feel loved. Why is that hard for people to understand?!

I just sat there and cried. 

~ Snape's POV ~

I looked at Miranda as she turned away from me and went into a corner of the classroom. I watched her as she started to cry. I don't know why I keep cruel talking to her every-time everything is okay between us. Why do I keep getting like this?!

I guess it's a sign after all...

I think 'The Dark Lord' will return in a few months.

My dark mark hasn't made a signal yet. But since I was a death eater and a spy in the past, I think my cruelness is starting to return the more the days passed by. I try not to be cruel around Miranda but I can't help it. I was different then but I changed since Albus said I could teach here as a potions teacher. I really wanted to be defense-against-the-dark-arts teacher but he wouldn't let me. Also no one really knows that I am the Half-Blood Prince.

I hope Miranda, doesn't find that out. Albus then came in and saw me just standing there while Miranda was crying her eyes out. He grabbed her as she started to calm down. She said to me angry but sad, "Why are you like this to me Severus? Why can't you be the loving, caring, self-hearted, man that I knew and came to love!? Why do you constantly change to be cruel and evil whenever I get happy?"

Did she really just say how she came to love me? It can't be. I am only a teacher and it is still illegal to be with her no matter how much I want her in my life too. I know we did things that I really did not regret at all. But it is too dangerous. I looked into her eyes and saw sadness and she was hurt and heartbroken by my outburst at her. She stared into my eyes. Her eyes telling me that she really loves me. 

Albus then asked, "Severus did you have a cruel outburst at her?" I opened my mouth but nothing can come out so I just nodded.

He held her lightly as I went up to her.

I looked into her eyes, "Miranda you must understand that my sudden outburst was a part of me which I was years ago. I was cruel, evil, un-hearted, and selfish. When I started to teach here, some of it was gone but some of it still remains with me till right now. I'm very deeply sorry for hurting you like this constantly but I was a death eater to The Dark Lord. I can't help for who I was. But if he really does come back, I will try not to work with him. I really don't want to do even though I was a spy. I love you very much Miranda and I will try my best to protect you from him but I have to warn you I can be cruel sometimes and I might hurt you which I don't mean to do it."

Albus looked at me and nodded, approving of what I told her. He let her go and she went into my arms and hugged me. We looked at each other as I stated, "I can't promise you a lot but I can be risky at times. Are you sure you really want me?" She nodded and responded, "Yes I really do."

I sighed but smiled small, "I will be with you, if you want to be happy." She gasped and smiled at me. "Remember it has to be secret though. You may tell your friends but make sure they don't tell anyone else." "Thank you so much Severus, you don't how happy I am!" I smiled to myself as I hugged her back, realizing I was really happy as well. "I'm happy as well Miranda."

She giggled and kissed me lightly as Albus stood back smiling. I saw him happily nod with the corner of my eye as he left us to be alone again.

I kissed her back as we both smiled.

~Miranda's POV~

He let me go and said, "You should go to bed now before its gets any later. I think I've kept you here for detention long enough." I made a sad face at him, "But I don't want to leave you Severus." I kissed him lightly again as he kissed back and let go.

"I know you don't Miranda, I don't want to either but it is getting late. Put it this way Miranda; Christmas will be here soon...which the night of the ball is. If you want, you can spend Christmas night with me in my personal room." I smiled and responded, "I will love nothing more than that after the ball Severus." We kissed each other goodnight and I left to go to sleep.