Chapter 5: Names and The Weird Dream

I watched carefully as Fred and George walked over and sat near Hermione.

Fred stated, "Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?" "You see this," she pointed out with her finger, "this is an age line. Dumbledore grew it himself." "So," Fred responded. I chuckled as Hermione closed her book and laid it on her lap. "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an aging potion." "That's why it's so brilliant," George added. They stood up as they held some of the potion in their hand. "Ready, Fred?" "Ready, George?" They nodded their heads as they said, "Bottoms up." They drink the potion and jump inside the age line, close to the goblet. They start cheering as they put their names in the flame and share a high-five. But it seemed to backfire as the flames fired up, and Fred and George suddenly lunged across the room.

I gasped as they stood up upon us, realizing they were full of grey hair and a grey beard. I chuckled as they looked at each other, saying, "You said, you said..." They start to fight as they roll around on the floor. People gathered around, chanting, "Fight, fight, fight!" I watched as Hermione rolled her eyes and shook her head as she opened her book to read again. I got up to see Fred and George fight, but soon, everyone got silent quickly for a reason. We all back up some, even though Fred and George were still rolling along the floor fighting, seeing Victor Krum walk into the room. We watched as he placed his name into the flame and seemed to look directly at Hermione's way. I watched them as she noticed him glancing at her, and they smiled at each other. He walks away, and we all continue with our evening.

Late that same night, I lay in bed thinking about what happened earlier today when Snape approached us. It was something I wasn't expecting at all to happen, and I can't believe I got tongue-tied like that. But I thought about the moment our eyes connected as he saw me blushing, which might have been why he chuckled as he walked away. I also considered Professor Dumbledore's advice about love and how I would find out sooner or later this year if Snape likes me, too. Although, I truly do wonder what exactly he meant by that and if Snape could really be my soul mate or even my true lover. I mean, I know I have some sort of deep feelings for him, but if they will go away or if they'll get stronger is the real question. Better yet, if it comes to facing him, will I be able to battle my inner feelings or run away from them?

Soon, I fell asleep, thinking about the best possible moments I could have with him.

~ Several Days Later ~

A few days passed, and it's going all right. I would catch myself accidentally looking at Snape, which I was trying to stop. But I know I can't because of my growing feelings for him. It was hard, knowing that it couldn't be possible for a teacher and a student to be together in that way. I had faith and believed in the possible chance of working it out somehow. I was daydreaming of naughty scenarios, and no one knew except me. Hermione agreed to let me know if or when Snape was ever watching me or catching a glance at me. Sometimes, it looked like something was bothering Harry when it came to me talking about Snape. I don't know exactly what it is, but I just hope I'm not hurting him in any way, or is it secret jealousy? I've been having strange dreams dealing with Snape and me for a couple of nights in a row. For example, the one I had last night.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were discussing a talent show the school was having.

Hermione and I decided to be in it, even though we couldn't sing well. At least, that was our opinion of our voices, anyway. We just did it for fun because it was something different. We're in the Great Hall, practicing a song we wrote. Hagrid wanted to help out with the judging part to see how we sounded. There were also a few teachers in there to see how we sounded, too; Professor Snape was one of them. Seeing his presence made me nervous, but Hermione looked at me, and I smiled softly. She truly knows how to sense and ease my nerves when needed. Toward the middle of the song, I felt myself becoming comfortable singing in front of other people. And before I realized it, I was swaying along with the music. By the end of the last words, Hermione and I ended it by singing them together.