Chapter 13: Breaking Down (editing)

I knew Harry was trying to comfort me to make me feel better but, I just don't know what to think.

"Hey Harry...who do you think did it? Got the word out about Sev-Snape and me? 'Cause I know it wasn't any of you and I know for a fact none of you would ever think to do that to me." "Honestly Miranda...I think it was Malfoy?" "Malfoy? But-but why? I've done nothing wrong to him at all Harry." "Don't forget that it's Malfoy Miranda...he always causes trouble." "Although Harry...he did somehow find out in the past about the kiss him and me shared," I said as I thought back. "Exactly Miranda." "You think he's stalking us somehow?" "Honestly? I don't know...I'm sorry." "No, it's alright Harry."

I didn't even realize that I was still crying until Harry sat down beside me and wiped my tears, "Don't cry Miranda. Your beautiful, smart, kind, adorable, and you don't deserve someone who will break you down like that You deserve to be treated right..." I smiled softly at his kind words, "That was the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me Harry. Thank you for saying that." That's the last thing I'd expect to come out of the mouth of him. He just chuckled and blushed lightly in response, not able to respond right away. Oh my word...Harry Potter is actually shy for once! I giggled as I was watching him, "Harry you're blushing ..." Then, he playfully hit me this time, "It's not funny Miranda!"

This moment soon reminded me of that one moment when it happened to me.

That one time Harry was upset, so I tried to comfort him and say kind things to him. Which in return led to me blushing and him laughing at me because I was blushing. That's the thing about our friendship...something bad can happen and somehow later we joke or laugh about it to make ourselves feel better about the situation. Harry decided put some medicine on my bruises and cuts that was left out for me by my bed as I was just watching him being careful. I muttered, "I don't know if I can forgive him for doing this to me Harry because of how I feel for him...I don't know what to do..." "I know you don't Miranda but, just try not to think about it now. Right now you need to get better, so you can be back with the rest of us again." He kissed my forehead and said again, "Try to get some good rest okay? I want you to get better."

I smiled and responded, "Okay Harry, I'll try."

~ Severus's POV ~

I walked inside to my room and sat down in my desk chair.

Then, thought about what I just did and why even I did to begin with. How terrified Miranda looked, how much I hit her, and how she was trying not to cry but she did anyway. Oh, how afraid she must feel towards me...it's no wonder why she didn't want to see me. I started to feel incredibly guilty for what I did deep, inside me. I don't know why I had to trust those students; I'm not going to say by name as to where I got the information from. I shouldn't have listened to them, and not only because of pure embarrassment. But what I did with Miranda could also cause me my job. Now I done this and I regret it so much. I never wanted to hit her let alone hurt her...

My temper got too high.

Bloody hell what have I done?!

I wasn't even thinking of what was happening and what was said or being done. I should've listened to Miranda after all. I flicked my wand as the books and papers got brushed aside in piles. I put my hands to my face and laid my head on my desk. I started to cry silently because I knew that Miranda won't forgive me for everything. I feel like I can't even forgive myself right now; I know it wasn't like me at all. I wanted to apologize to her in the hospital but Madam Pomfrey told me to get out. I was outraged...but maybe it is cause she didn't want to see me. I just sat there for what seemed like forever crying. I didn't even bare to leave the room. I couldn't show my face to everyone and be humiliated, in-case more people knew.

I wish Miranda were here by my side, telling me it was going to be okay and that she forgives me. Just then, I lifted up my head to see that Albus came in. I quickly wiped my tears away and completely sat up. He asked me, "Why did you do that to Miranda, Severus?" "Headmaster, I heard students saying that Miranda told everyone that me and her slept together." "That was probably a lie Severus. Ah, you know, I could fire you because of this." "I know sir..." "But I'm not going to. You should know Severus that Miranda wouldn't tell everyone except her friends, because the way she may've been acting this morning; they were concerned." "You're not going to fire me?" "As much as I should for what you've done...there're other ways that I can handle this situation with you, personally."

I just nodded my head in response.

"You know Severus, it'll be very hard for Miranda to forgive you for what you have done. I know the man that you are but that wasn't really called for and very unnecessary." I looked down ashamed, "I know Albus and I'm deeply sorry...I really regret it...I don't know what became over me to do such unacceptable things." "Yet...if she truly loves you Severus, she could forgive you for it and just let it go...for the time being." "So, are you saying that's how I'll know if Miranda really does love me or not in some way?" "Yes Severus. No matter how inappropriate it may seem...even I can't deny or face the love that I can see growing between the two of you." "I don't think I could be away from her for long if I tried, Albus." "But, there is no denying Severus that you did hurt her in either way. And what you did will scar her for quite a while, I'm afraid."

He looked at me and could tell that I was crying because my eyes were red now.

He stared at me, "Severus, have you been crying?" I nodded my head once more and muttered, "Yes ..." He looked at me again as I could no longer contain the huge burden I've been feeling. My eyes were watering up, there was darkness growing under my eyes, and I had a very much regret and sadness look on my face. Then as I sat in my chair, I started to cry as Minerva came in to see me balling. Albus didn't know what to say or do for a moment. So, Albus and Minerva just comforted me the best they could; for they knew then that I was truly sorry and how I didn't mean to do it. I heard Albus say, "Would you like me to try and talk to her tomorrow in the hospital Severus?"

I responded in-between tears, "Yes please...just do something Albus." Once I gathered myself to stop the tears and remain cool, Minerva talked to me for several minutes by giving me a piece of her own mind. After apologizing again, they left as I was trying to get myself fully together. Just then, I thought of how Miranda was probably going to be crying herself to sleep tonight in the hospital wing and I wasn't there by her side to comfort her. I was afraid to see her now because I didn't know what her reaction would be. But yet, Albus said he'll talk to her tomorrow. I just hope something well comes out of this. I started to secretly see her so much more than just my Potion's student...and only certain people know this.

I got up and went to my cupboard and got a bottle of whiskey out. I didn't drink anything else though.