Chapter 33: The Final Task and He's Back

Today was the day of the final task....

I'm scared, anxious, and nervous of what may be to come but I can't stop anything now. I just hope nothing bad happens to anyone. Cedric and I were hugging each other and as we let go, tears formed in my eyes. " Awe Miranda, please don't cry. I'll make it out alright. I promise...Harry and I both will." He wiped the tears from my cheeks as I faked a smile. I didn't want him to see me this upset. It'll partly kill me if anything bad happens to him...or even Harry.

He grabbed my hand for comfort as he kissed my forehead. I stated softly, "Thanks for being such a great guy and friend to me Ced." He chuckled and responded, "Your welcome and thanks for being such an adorable, sweet, one of a kind best friend." I giggled as I blushed in response, "It's no problem. Please be safe..." We noticed that his dad wanted him to come to him as he stood close to Cedric. He turned to me and looked into my eyes, "Just in case if I don't make it out alive Miranda...I love you best friend." We both hugged one last time as I responded, "I love you too Ced."

He walked away to his dad as Harry came up to me.

I noticed that he was really nervous about this as well. He whispered in my ear, "I have a bad feeling about this Miranda..." "So do I Harry, trust me I do too." "Hermione even said that she was scared for me." I could understand that, I mean the four of us are all so close to each other. Yeah sure they're were some issues between Harry and Ron, which made me and Hermione in the middle of it, it all worked itself out okay. I looked over in the stands and saw Hermione, Ron, George, and Fred. A couple rows down, I saw Severus as he looked up at me. He nodded his head towards my way as I turned my head back to Harry.

I started to shake with fear as Harry saw it and wrapped his arms around me carefully. I sighed as I started to feel better just by him hugging me like this. "It will all be alright in the end Miranda. Trust me, I'll make it out safely." "I trust you of course Harry. Please be very careful and good luck Harry." "Thanks Miranda and don't worry I will." I softly smiled at him and he smiled back. He embraced me just a-little tighter for comfort as he let go. He knew and sensed on how worried I was and I could tell that he was scared too.

Music started to play from the band as I decided to head to my seat, because the task was about to begin.

I found my place and stood with the others in the stand. I watched as Dumbledore was speaking in the middle of near where I was just was standing with Harry. Just as he was done speaking, the sound of the cannon went off as I held in a breath. I looked towards Dumbledore as I hoped he could see me. It seemed like he felt that I was worried and he softly smiled my way. I looked at Severus down below as I looked into his beautiful piercing eyes. He mouthed to me, "It will be okay don't worry love."

I don't know if it will be though...

~Around Half an Hour Later~

Just seeing a bright spark from the maze earlier...I knew it couldn't be good news.

Hermione rubbed my back trying to ease my nerves, "Miranda...I'm sure Harry will make it out fine. Ron and I are scared too...your not alone." I stood up and responded, "It's not only Harry but I'm worried about the fact that Cedric might get killed." Hermione opened her mouth to say something as I said, "I'm going for a walk...I'll be back shortly." I got out of the stands and walked away from everyone...so I could be around silence to clear my head for once. I kept on walking some more until I couldn't hear anything but quietness. I then heard rustling; I turned around and saw Severus. He asked, "Miranda dear are you okay? What's wrong?"

I shook my head and looked at him, "I'm just really worried and scared love. You know exactly on what I'm terrified might end up happening Severus." "I know you are but...." I knew he was going to say it will be alright but we both knew that it won't. I noticed his arm was behind his back. I asked, "Um love, what's wrong with your arm?" "Nothing its fine no worries sweetie..." "No it's not...let me see it Severus." I reached my arm out to grab it but he moved back. His voice got cold some as he stated, "Miranda don't." "Severus please just let me see your arm. I don't care and you know that."