Chapter 32: Nightmares Are Coming Alive

Instead of going to our Common Rooms, even though we're in different houses, I told Cedric I would be going to Professor Dumbledore's office.

We hugged each other goodbye as I waved too and he started to walk away. A couple minutes later, I knocked on the door to his office as it then opened; letting me in. I saw Professor Dumbledore sitting in his desk and Severus was sitting in a chair in front of his desk. I smiled as I went over and happily sat next to Severus. He smiled at me and kissed my hand as a greeting.

I looked at Dumbledore with curious eyes, "Sir...I had a feeling that you wanted to see me. So I came here instead of going to the Common Room." "Ah, I'm glad you did Miranda because I wanted to ask you something about your bad dream that you had." "What about it sir?" Now I was fully curious on what he was going to ask me. The last thing I want is for any of my nightmares to come true. "I was wondering if you have dreamed of it again recently; since you told me that is." "Sir, I actually have...but this time...I saw Cedric getting killed."

I started to shake some as Severus grabbed my hand, held on to it, and squeezed it.

I'm really thankful that Severus is here too...I wouldn't be able to compose myself if it was just me alone in here with Dumbledore. I watched Dumbledore as he made us all a cup of something hot. Maybe it was some sort of tea, hot coco, or even heated up pumpkin juice. He looked at me comfortingly, "Don't worry Miranda it's going to be alright...here have some hot coco." He handed me a cup as I took a sip. I smiled softly as the soothing feeling down my throat...into my chest, made me feel warm some. Severus and Dumbledore had some as well and were having a couple sips.

After mine was half empty, I started to feel a lot better actually.

I asked Dumbledore while taking another small sip, "Sir...when will we be having the final task of the tournament?" "Ah...if I'm not mistaking Miranda, in a couple days or so. I should probably tell you that Severus will be nearby to watch you closely." I nodded my head in response as I turned my head to look at Severus which he just looked back at me. Do they know something that I don't? After that, we continued to talk and drink our hot coco. It all comforted me in a way to which I wasn't so worried anymore. Soon, Severus and I said bye to Dumbledore as we left, noticing it was getting semi-late into the night.

Severus and I were walking hand-in-hand along the hallway.

When we came by to the herb storage closet by the potions room, he led me in there and closed the door.  "Severus, what are you do-" I was trying to ask something but suddenly got cut off by his lips on mine. I kissed him back softly he let go, but had his arms wrapped around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and asked, "What was all that for?" "After tonight, I don't know when we can be alone like this again and knowing that everything is going to change soon."

I looked at the ground, noticing how close together we were in this tiny space.

He tilted my chin as I looked into his eyes and he said honestly, "You mean a lot to me Miranda...I truly do care for you a lot...even though part of me will always feel some way for Lily. I shouldn't feel like this for obvious reasons, but I do and I don't want to hide it no longer. I love you." I smiled in awe as I kissed his cheek and responded, "Ditto....I love you too Severus."

~~~~~

I was sitting with Hermione, Ron, and Harry in the Common Room by the fireplace.

I was just staring into the burning fire, completely zoned out. I couldn't help but realize that some my nightmares were really coming alive. Everything could change and once it does, it can never be the same. I heard Ron ask me, "Miranda are you alright? You seem zoned out and really out of it..." "Yeah I'm alright Ron. Just thinking about something that's on my mind....that's all."  I gave him a small, comforting smile as he smiled back at me with concern still.

Hermione rubbed my back trying to help as well, "It will be alright Miranda. Whatever is on your mind, you know you can tell us. Don't think too much into it. It's going to be okay." I couldn't really manage to respond to that as I looked over at Harry....noticing something was on his mind too. I asked him, "Harry...what's wrong? Besides the fact that Mr. Crouch is dead." "I saw Igor and Snape in the herb storage closet earlier and they were talking about some type of sign." Wait a minute...did this happen after I left the closet with Severus and he didn't follow me?

I hope what I'm thinking isn't what I'm thinking of......

I thought about it for a second and raised my eyebrows, "Harry...didn't you say that Igor was a death eater and went to prison from what you saw of the past?" Harry told Hermione, Ron, and I what he saw accidentally in the pensieve and the conversation with Dumbledore. "Yeah and once someone is a death eater Miranda, they will never stop being one;" Harry responded to me. I gulped suddenly thinking about Severus again. Everything that happened when I was with him in Dumbledore's office, that weird look they gave each other. Is that why Dumbledore said that Severus will be watching me closely?

I looked at Harry pulling out of my thoughts, "You also mean Severus, don't you Harry?"

He didn't say anything back as he just looked at me. I sighed to myself as I partly didn't know what to think at the moment. He didn't want to say anything to hurt me since I was dating our potions master, and that I have strong feelings for him. But I more than know the risk of dating him and yet I still am anyway. Is Severus partly hiding something from me? It was quiet for a minute until Harry grabbed my hand, "Miranda I wasn't talking about Snape in that way. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine Harry..." "Miranda, I know you and Snape love each other and I am really happy for you. I have never really seen you this happy in a while. I will be with you through this and through anything. I really mean that. After all, you are my best friend..." Harry and I looked at each other as I smiled and he smiled back. Ron and Hermione said at the same time, "I will be with you through all this too Miranda." I chuckled feeling loved, "Thanks guys. You three are the best friends ever." We all just smiled and continued to sit by the fireplace for a while until we turned in for the night.

Before I fell asleep, I was thinking of Severus and how everyone's life could change in such little time.