Chapter 26: Christmas Eve Overnight

I made it to Severus's personal room and knocked on the door. He opened the door instantly as I walked in and he closed it behind me. Before I could do or say anything, I was pinned against the wall as he kissed me lightly. He said, "Hey, Merry Christmas beautiful."

Oh my goodness!

That comment must be the nicest thing he has said so far. I'm starting to think he really is keeping his word. Am I really dreaming that this man, who normally comes out cold, just said that? I giggled and kissed him back, "Hey and Merry Christmas to you too." "I didn't mean to suddenly kiss you...I just...I just couldn't take it with you in that dress." All I could do was just blush as it struck me by surprise.

I decided to mess with him some by saying, "What's the matter Severus...do I look too pretty in this dress for you to stare at?" He raised his eyebrows as he laughed some, showing some of his humor. "Honestly Miranda...yes you really do." I wrapped my arms around his neck as I just laughed and kissed his nose. He twitched his nose a little as I giggled and he smiled at me.

We were both for once, really happy to be with each other.

He let me go as he went to sit in his arm chair by the fire. I walked over to him and stood in front of him. He turned me around me and sat me down, so I was sitting on his lap. We both then just looked at each other. I signed in deep though, "I wish we can be like this for a long time...you and I." "I wish we could too Miranda." I got up and continued to say, "Severus....after this year is over, lets run away together. Just you and me. We can get a house on a beach and stay there for the rest of our lives. I mean we won't be a student and a teacher who accidentally fell in love with each other."

He got up, went in front of me, and looked at me, "I would love to sweetie but, you know about my past with the Dark Lord. If we do get a house on a beach and all that, the Dark Lord will find me and he may kill us both. I don't want that to happen. We may be together but I'm keeping my word...I like you a lot Miranda, I do. It's wrong but I don't regret any of it."

We both just stood here for a moment...not saying anything.

He noticed my silence as he pulled me closer to him and hugged me tightly. I snuggled my head in his chest as he continued, "I'm sorry Miranda. I just don't want anything to happen to neither of us...even if it's including the Dark Lord." "Don't worry Severus...it's fine trust me" I looked up at him with a trusting look. I wouldn't even be able to go through with that anyway.

He looked back and stared into my eyes; like he wasn't sure if I was being honest. I smiled up at him, letting him know that it really was alright. My smile then got bigger as he questioned, "What's with the big smile?" "Well....let's make the most of the time that we do have together, tonight."

I started to unbutton his robe nervously as his eyes got wide. But I guess he got the idea as he chuckled instead. I knew that he was unsure about this and I kind of am too but....it just feels right. He put his hand over mine as he lifted my chin with the other hand. He led me to his bed as he laid me down and got on top of me. He leaned down to me as he kissed my lips just oh so softly.

And....I think you guys can picture or guess what goes on from there.

~~~~~~

After all that was over, Severus put his cloths and robe back on as I sat up in bed. I was thinking to just borrow something of his to wear for the night when I realized I didn't bring my pajamas. I opened my mouth to ask but instead he said, "Hey Miranda you might want to put your dress back on."

I turned around to look at him as he was on the other side of the room. "Why Severus?" "Because...I'm going to take you out to dinner, what else love." He came up to me and messed with my nose as I stood up from the bed. I reacted to it by giggling, "Severus, that tickles." He chuckled some and started to tickle my wait, not knowing how ticklish I actually was. I exclaimed in-between laughs, "No....Severus stop...please!"

I was squirming on the floor twisting and turning. He was the one on top of me, tickling me to death. After a couple minutes, he stopped as he helped me up. We were staring at each other when I felt myself start to blush, so I looked down. I totally bloody forgot that I was only in my undergarments. Severus was about to tilt my chin up when my stomach rumbled and both of us heard it.

I put my hand over my stomach feeling embarrassed. He tilted my chin up as I looked at him. He softly chuckled, "Well it looks like someone is hungry after all." I playfully hit his arm as I smiled, "It's not that funny Severus! I didn't have anything to eat before the dance."

I watched him as he laughed.

He completely looked and seemed like a different person tonight. Was I really making him happy? I shook it off and walked away from him so that I could put my dress on. Once I did, I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Apparently, someone is very ticklish, after all." I just turned around and kissed his nose. Both of us looked at each other and laughed once more

Then, we both carefully went out of the school and along the grass; I saw a boot in his hand that was a port key. I didn't notice how dark it was outside until I heard him tell me to hang on to the boot tightly. All I remember was feeling wind whip around my body and things around me seem to go by fast. A bout a minute later, we were in front of a small restaurant and there was a table for two reserved for us outside. He helped me in my seat as he sat down in his.

We both soon ordered our food and drinks as a waitress came by our table. After the waitress wrote our orders down and left, I asked, "Severus, where are we exactly?" "Well...while I was talking to Albus the other day, he remembered that you were spending Christmas with me and so he brought me to this restaurant. He told me to take you here for dinner after the ball was over. So I made reservations here for the both of us."

I just looked at him while the waitress came back with our drinks.

When she left, Severus saw the way I was looking at him as he assured me, "Yes this is a Wizard small restaurant. I looked at Albus the same way you just did and he told me that this place is held by wizards." I just smiled at him, "Oh okay...for a minute, I was about to be worried." After that, we just talked about anything like what Severus thinks what will be happening for the rest of the school year, including the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

While we were eating our meal, we small talked but mostly tried to make each other laugh and smile. Afterwards, we left and just started to walk around in a forest nearby. Overtime, I felt tired and started to yawn. Severus tried to get me to go on so that we could get out and go back but I felt too tired to go any further. Severus and I then sat down by a tree as I cuddled beside him and fell asleep instantly.