Chapter 16 - Last Dance

Even smiling at everyone Karen, I was very worried, until now things had somehow been following her schedule. Even with the king gone for almost two hours, the event he spent all year preparing was in the final moments, the koopalings in a few minutes would have to say goodbye to the guests and everyone would go to their rooms. Reviewing on her clipboard, Karen heads over to magikoopas Kammy and Kamek, counting how much time she has to talk to the two without hurting the schedule. "Kammy, from now on, you have ten minutes to take all the koopalings out of this ballroom and take each one to his quarters. I hope that this year you will not be affected by our king's customs and respect the schedule."

"It seems that everyone has forgotten who they are talking to, I never forget my duties, I'm not a soft heart like Kamek, have more faith in me, woman." Disappearing and leaving Kamek without his prom company and Karen by his side, the magikoopa realizes that Hammer Bro was staring at him more than usual.

"You don't need to be reminded of your duties right, at 12:45 am. all guests who have not yet left should leave, leaving according to tradition only the king and his guest of honor, who would have one last dance ending the anniversary of their wickedness ".

"Relax Karen, you are very tense and looking at me like that, you will only have trouble sleeping".

"How can I relax Kamek, practically I spend all year making all the preparations, for the ball to be perfect, I can't go wrong or relax, until my work is done".

"And for whom do you prepare it for the most beautiful ball?" With the organizer staying quiet and understanding what Kamek was saying to the king's right hand, his explanation continues. "Exactly, it is for our king, and you can see how happy he is ... and I can say that this is being your best birthday! So it looks like you are doing your job very well, so from 12:30 am I will be approaching the guests thanking them for coming and wishing congratulations to our king. I will wish you to return safely to your homes and I will make the king have his private dance with the guest of honor, just as it is on the schedule ".

Passing so much confidence to Karen, for a brief period Hammer Bro can smile and relax a little, as everything was really going as planned.

Xxxxxxx0000000xxxxxxxxconstantly

With both returning to the hall, both the King of Darklands and the Princess of Mushroom are surrounded by the guests who wanted to interact with both, making the time that Bowser and Peach had together be limited, but be increasingly special, whenever they had the opportunity, they would return to each other's side, and enjoy and dance as much as possible. Peach found that she fit perfectly in Bowser's arms, even with the difference in size, it was as if both were perfect for each other, at the same time that she danced, she managed to rest her head on Bowser's chest and think of nothing else. .

"Bowser, do you believe that shy guy, who I danced to three dances ago, told me that I smell you?"

"Well, that really is a shame."

Peach raised his eyebrows, and put his hands on Bowser's neck, so he could look into his eyes as they both spun on the dance floor. "I'm a little surprised, I thought I would be jealous and you would react differently".

"Make no mistake, even when you are away, I always have it in my mind and in my heart. And I know all the benefits of that guy's comment, first is that more people smell the same as me, and that's always a good thing. Second means that I've been holding you so much in my arms, that I was the only one to smell your sweet and wonderful perfume, and that guy can't feel how amazing you smell. But... on second thought, I think I better keep your perfume as my secret ".

"If so, I know a good thing about it too, it means I have a dress that smells like you."

"Well, feel free to ask me to hug you so you can always smell my perfume".