Chapter 11 - Gifts

With the Koopalings using their mother Peach's room as a base for meetings and gatherings, the princess was already getting used to having everyone by her side. Choosing a sundress to be next to Bowser and finishing her makeup, Wendy became the princess's assistant, who had the task of choosing some suitable jewelry to match her dress.

Seeing several jewelry boxes, Koopa chokes on picking up a necklace of sapphires and diamonds that matched the princess's eyes. "Where did you get that Peach necklace?"

"Ah ... this necklace came in the mail ... unnamed package ... but it happens twice a year, once around my birthday and once now in October. I never found out who sent them, I just recognize that during most years this person has always cared about me ".

"I totally remember this necklace, Mom must have received it last year, Dad spent hours choosing it and putting it in the right format".

Suddenly stopping her makeup, the princess raised her eyebrows and put her arms on Koopa's shoulder. "Are you telling me that it was Bowser who sent me this?"

Knowing it was the best time, Wendy thinks very well about the words she would use with the princess, and even changes the tone of her voice making her seem sweeter and more gentle. "Yes, Daddy likes to send these beautiful things to you for his birthday and his; he tells us that he wants you happy ... and if the princess is happy he should also be happy, even though he is away from Mom."

"But because your father would always send in anonymity".

"To pass through security, or Mum thinks the castle would let you get something knowing it is from our father. Besides, he didn't know how you were going to receive it and I wanted to imagine you happy."

Taking the necklace and thinking about all the other gifts, that king kept surprising her, he worried about my happiness before his, even if he spent his life in anonymity. Putting the necklace on, the princess feels the tenderness that Bowser always showed in her gifts, highlighting the sparkle in her eyes, Wendy tells her mother that the super jewelry matched the dress and she was very beautiful.

"Thank you ... well, we should all go. We can't delay your father." Making everyone in his room go towards the living room, Kammy notices the presence of the princess and is unable to shut up when she sees that scene, heading in front of the princess.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Hello Kammy, I would go to the living room to wait for Bowser with the children, until he picked me up to go and see the gifts of the kingdom."

"So you heard about the schedule"

"Yes Valkoopy told me all this yesterday. First we are going to visit the regions that won the draw, where everyone will present their gifts directly to Bowser, and then we will be back for the birthday lunch."

"Please princess, don't use the pronoun us in your sentences. The king spends his birthday moments only with himself, in all years the only ones he always likes beside him are his children, it's not because you're here that he will spend the whole day with you ".

Getting a little hurt by Kammy's tone, the princess begins to remember the conversation they both had on the court. "Well, I assumed that I would spend most of my time with him ... he said he would be happy with me by his side, and I don't want him to be sad."

"I think it's a little late for that, or to have a pity crisis, it gets disgusting, the king doesn't spend the whole day with anyone other than his children."

"Actually, this is a real tradition, or it's Bowser's will."

"No, this is not a tradition, but this is not the way things are. I told you before you just arrived and you know nothing ... before you start hallucinating and jumping to conclusions it would be better if you have the real schedule and know if you behave like the sweet and perfect princess you show yourself to be ".