Chapter 51

Sky

I stare at my locker, which has yet another rose taped to it, and no doubt a note when I open it. I open it and am met with the familiar small sky blue envelope, which I hesitantly take and open.

Sky,

I'll do whatever it takes, I swear.
Keep that smile on your face, sunshine.

-Anonymous.

"Another one?" Nat grins.

"Seems so." I chuckle dryly. "He does know I recognize his handwriting, right?"

Nat shrugs but the smile remains on her face nonetheless, making me shake my head at her.

"I don't understand you." I laugh. "One second you're forcing me and Tim to go to prom together and the next you want me to like Peter again."

"It's not my fault you have so many people liking you!" She raises her hands in defense as she laughs. "Let's not forget Joe!"

"Dude," I close my locker. "Joe and I barely talk! And Tim is my best friend, and Peter is...complicated."

"Okay fine, but you have to admit Peter likes you." She glares at my doubtful expression. "You literally have it written on paper."

"Okay fine." I giggle. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to date him, even if I may like him."

"Why not?" She whines as we walk to our next class.

"Because I don't trust him anymore." I say softly.

"Are you going to forgive him?"

"I think so." I nod. "I overreacted too, but again, just because I forgive him doesn't mean I'm comfortable around him like I used to be."

"Understandable." She nods. "So you and Tim, huh?"

"Oh my god, Nat!" I slap her arm laughing.

"Happy birthday to you!!" We sing to Nat as I film her standing there awkwardly but she's smiling brightly

"Happy birthday to you!!" We sing to Nat as I film her standing there awkwardly but she's smiling brightly. We finish singing as awful as we could to annoy her and clap for her.

"Aw, thanks you guys!" She exclaims happily and we grin. We're at the park where we usually hang out and we're sitting on two large blankets on the grass, snacks taking up most of the blanket. Tim, Owen, Aidan, Laura, Anna, Eli and I are all sat around the snacks and gifts, and I pull out the red velvet cupcakes that I've made earlier and pass it around.

We put on music and talk to each other loudly, not caring if we're disturbing anyone's peace. We take some silly pictures to post as well.

"Eli, you're bleeding!" I notice and yell out loud. "How?"

"I am?" He looks down at his leg and sees that he is indeed bleeding. "Huh..."

"Why are you always bleeding?" I laugh shaking my head and he laughs as well as Nat and Laura shake their heads. I open my purse and pull out a band aid and some hand sanitizer with a tissue. "Here, clean it and then put this on."

"Do you always have band aids with you?" He asks me.

"Of course, you never know when the one and only Eli is going to bleed."

"You're such a mom." Anna laughs. "You actually take care of that thing."

"Even we don't take care of that." Laura jokes pointing at her little brother.

"At least your mom isn't here." Eli laughs, remembering how he showed up to my house when I was out with his sisters and he was covered in blood and asked for a tissue.

And many, many other occurrences, including him bowing down in respect, as if my parents don't know what kind of devil child he truly is.

We continue talking about random things, every conversation including two or three people. Tim, Eli and I are talking about Marvel when Nat calls to get my attention and I turn to her with a smile, waiting for her to talk.

"What are you going to wear to prom?"

"Uhh..." I think. "The same dress I wore at Stormie's wedding, obviously."

"Oh, no no no!" I hear a faint voice exclaim, and Nat notices my furrowed eyebrows so she shows me her phone which has Meg on facetime. I quickly say hi to her but she ignores it and continues to talk. "You've already worn that! You need another dress!"

"But I'm never going to wear that dress again, I don't exactly go to any events. I'd like to wear it at least once more."

"You will, you can wear it at my wedding!" She grins. "So you're going to need a prom dress."

"Wait, your wedding?" We all gasp in surprise, squealing happily.

"Yeah, David proposed last night!"

"Oh my god, congratulations!!" We all congratulate her excitedly, though the boys didn't care much since they don't really know her, but they still congratulated her politely.

She and Nat talk more as I return to my conversation, eventually talking about me in heels, which is never a good thing.

"The amount of times she almost fell down that day." Tim teases me, flicking my forehead and I narrow my eyes at him.

"At least she wasn't so short, right?" Eli laughs.

"She was still shorter than me."

"You guys are freakishly tall, it's not that I'm short." I pout.

"No, you're short." Eli says. "I'm 4 years younger and way taller than you."

"Stupid puberty..." I mutter before I speak up. "You know what, I'm not short, I'm fun sized!"

"Except you're not fun." I slap his arm.

"Oh shut up, we're the same person!"

I look around the park, enjoying the scenery when I spot a rose bush not so far away, and my mind instantly travels back to Peter.

I think it's about time we rebuild what we had. We need to talk.