Chapter 14

My math final is in an hour and I am shitting myself. Help.

Peter

Sky and Nat were talking to their teammates as me, Anna and Laura waited for them. Their families were chatting among themselves by the exit gate.

We were discussing where we would hang out right now, since apparently Nat and Sky usually ditch the parties thrown so they can hang out by themselves in peace.

The plan was to get some food and then eat it at the park in our neighborhood.

Brianna came over to us in her cheerleading uniform, Dianna following behind her.

"Hey, guys!" She smiled kindly at us. I noticed Anna and Laura giving her strange looks. "Will I be seeing you at my party?"

"No thanks, we have a party of our own." Laura spoke up, gesturing to Anna and herself. 

"Pete?" Excuse you, only my family calls me that.

"Um, not really, no." I said, glancing at Sky who laughed at something the girls said.

"Aw, I thought we could celebrate Sky together." She shrugged and left.

"Pfft," Anna huffed. "Yeah right."

I'm confused at their attitude, Brianna was totally nice to them right now, so why are they being like this?

Sky and Nat made their way to us, both of them sweaty and grinning. 

"Ready to party?" Sky smiled.

"You're going to Brianna's party?" I asked confused.

"Oh hell no." She gave me a ridiculous look. "Our VIP parties are the best, why would I go to a party full of people I hate and risk getting drugged by creeps?"

"What?!"

"Dude," Anna said bluntly. "This is a high school party. They're gonna spike all the drinks, and the environment...ew."

"You've been to one?" I asked her.

"No but my sister went once with her friends." She said. "Said it was the worst."

Huh...

Parties back in my hometown weren't like this at all. But then again, the students weren't as wild either.

They were so black and white, it was slowly driving me insane.

"So what do you wanna eat?" Nat asked us.

"Brownies." Sky whispered instantly and I chuckled. She blushed once she found out I heard her.

"Been a while since we had shawarmas." Laura said. "And I'm getting tabooleh."

I've never had any of that, so I'm quite confused to what they are.

"Laura you are not just eating salad." Sky stated. "You need some goddamn food!"

"I'll just eat from Nat's."

"Hey!" We all laughed at their bickering.

"But first I need a shower." Sky said, fanning herself.

"Same, honestly." Nat agreed.

We all agreed to meet up in an hour at Sky's place to walk there together. 

"Pete," Megan pulled me into the kitchen

"Pete," Megan pulled me into the kitchen. "I have a plan to help you with Sky."

"What is it?" My ears perk up.

"You said she craved brownies," She smirked. "So make her brownies!"

"I don't know how to bake!"

"That's why I'm going to help you, doofus!"

"Do we have fruit?" I ask.

"Yeah why?"

"I know she likes fruit a lot, so maybe I could make her a fruit salad on the side."

"Wow you really like her. That's cute."

"Heh..."

Meg then proceeds to help me bake some brownies for Sky, and when we put it in the oven to bake, I bring out some fruit and cut them up before putting them in a container to bring to the park with me. Might as well make some for everyone.

Once the brownies were finished and cooled, I cut them up and put them in another container. I put the two containers in a bag, along with plastic bowls and forks.

Don't worry, I recycle.

"Oh!" Meg jumped up. "When you guys are sitting down or whatever, ask Sky if you can braid her hair, if she agrees, that means she loves the feeling and it calms her down, if she says no, well then, you know not to do that."

"Okay, thanks!" I say and go up to my room to freshen up. 

I look out my window as I hear music, but there's no one there. Suddenly Sky glides into view, her wet hair moving around and probably spraying water everywhere. She has her back to me so she hasn't noticed me laughing yet. She grabs her brush and starts to brush her hair, eventually using it as a microphone, continuing to dance funnily.

She plays air drums crazily and turns to her window, yelping in fear as she sees me laughing out loud at her adorableness. 

She blushes madly and laughs with me. That's when I notice the bandage around her right hand and wrist. 

I open my window, signaling for her to open hers.

"Hey," I chuckle, looking into her beautiful brown eyes. "I see you're quite the dancer."

"Just my after shower routine." She laughed. "Still not used to having neighbors, so you'll probably be seeing my extravagant shows a lot."

"I'm looking forward to it." I laugh. "What's up with the bandage? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it." She giggled at my worry. "I just fell pretty bad and my wrist hurts a lot, so I bandaged it to ease the pain."

I get into another trance as I stare at her, admiring every feature about her. She looks like a model with her hair wet and messy, and that's a hard look to master.

But she does it so effortlessly. 

"Ready for your first weekend with us?" She grinned.

"Not entirely sure," I tease. "you guys are crazy!"

"Thanks!" She smiled brightly and laughed. She hears her phone ring and she gets up to find it. She answers it and then immediately comes back to the window, sticking her head out more and looks to the side.

"Hey guys!" She waved. I turned and saw our friends outside waiting for us. They saw us and waved back laughing.

"Alright love birds, we have food to eat." Anna said. "Come out already!"

Sky rolls her eyes, fighting back a smile and she once again blushes. I send them a cheesy thumbs up, ignoring my own blush and get up to go down.

I love seeing her blush, it's literally so cute!I want to just hold her in my arms forever.

Time to impress my girl.