Chapter 36

Peter

I was so close to telling her yesterday, but I was a coward and didn't say the words she deserves to hear.

I've been teasing Sky about her gift all day, because I love the way she gets annoyed. She's so cute, even when she does a blob-fish impression.

I walk over to her locker, seeing her trying to stash her hoodie into it without it falling out and huffing in annoyance. 

"Stupid locker filled with too many books...Why do I even have these here?" She mutters to herself but it was loud enough to make me and Nat laugh. I walk closer and put my hands on her sides, tickling her slightly, causing her to let out a high pitch squeal and turn around, throwing her hoodie into my face.

"Stop that!" She laughs, hitting me with her hoodie and turning back to stuffing it into her locker.

"I can't, I love your squeal." I grin and hug her from behind. She's okay with hugs every once in a while, and after last night, I really need to hold her.

"You could've worded that so wrongly." Nat laughed, leaving me and Sky confused as to what she meant until it clicked in my mind and my eyes widened.

"Oh my god, Nat, no!" I laugh.

"Do I want to know?" Sky asks warily.

"Nope." Nat and I say simultaneously.

She shrugged and finally stashed her polka dot hoodie into her locker and closed it with a triumphant smile.

"Why did you take off your hoodie?" I ask her. "It's freezing!"

"It got wet." She explained.

"How?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, Sky, how did you get your hoodie and hair wet?" Nat smirked, holding back a laugh as Sky glared at her playfully, trying to hold back her own laughter. That's when I noticed some of her strands had gotten darker.

"I," She stretched the word as if she was trying to figure out what to say. "opened a broken tap."

Nat snickered from beside her and Sky hit her lightly, shushing her as she bit her cheeks from the inside to stop laughing.

"Now tell me what really happened." I say with an amused smile. Sky finally broke and let out her laughter freely.

"Okay fine, Eve splashed me." She laughed.

"What, why?" I couldn't help myself but laugh, hearing her adorable giggle that she says sounds like a witch, but it doesn't.

"We went to the bathroom, where they always are, probably because there's mirrors, and Eve and Dianna decided to make fun of us...and Sky here retaliated." Nat explained, laughing at the memory.

"I didn't even say it out loud!" Sky laughed, throwing her arms up then pushing her glasses further up her button nose.

"What did you say?"

"I mean, they're in the bathroom most of the times, they're literally hanging out with shit, do I need to explain more?" Sky laughed. "Eve got what I meant and splashed me. Jokes on her, it was refreshing."

I laugh with them but then remember that Sky is only wearing a t-shirt and it's really cold today. I take off my leather jacket and wrap it around her shoulders.

"Stop fighting me." I chuckled at her attempts to refuse the jacket. "I'm wearing a hoodie, no need to worry about me being cold."

She gave up and thanked me, fully wearing the jacket. My jacket. My heart skipped a beat seeing her in something of mine.