Chapter 26

Just to clarify I have no idea if this is an actual university or something, I don't even live in the USA so I'm just making things up, and I chose this as a random location so pls don't judge me lol.

Sky

The group and I are taking a walk in the University of Norwood campus; it's huge and there are many faculties here and there, as well as a lot of hang out places for the students. Our school. UMS -stands for University model school- is a subordinate of the University, and most of the student's parents work in the university, so we get some kind of scholarship to the school.

And some of us get a scholarship to the University, but you still have to maintain good grades to get in.

Our neighborhood is attached to the uni, since everyone living here have someone working in the uni, so it's a pretty safe and secluded neighborhood. So is the campus itself; and it's our favorite place to walk and hang out.

We don't do malls and cafes and stuff.

I just wish on the way here, Mr. Blackwell hadn't seen Laura running with a paper bag on her head and yelling out a nursery rhyme.

But what I wish most is that I had filmed it. 

We are now sitting on the grass in one of the small parks in the Uni, helping Laura with her lines for the upcoming play after the exams. No one really sits here much so we don't worry about being too loud.

"I'm just trying to help!" I plead with fake agony as I recite the lines from the script.

"Are you though? You don't want to help me; you're helping yourself! Because if there was no me, there would be no you."

The play is about the seven deadly sins and the seven virtues. It talks about how the sins will be needed for balance, and since they're always looked at as evil, they want to end themselves, especially because of the way the virtues treat them. 

The virtues need to keep them alive because they're connected, and in this play they realize that they have to set the sins free, to restore balance in the world before it falls into chaos.

We finish acting out the scene and hype up Laura's great acting skills.

"Thank you thank you," she says in a posh voice. "I'll be waiting for my gifts."

"Bish, are we not enough for you?" Anna flicks her arm, making Laura pout.

"You keep hitting me!" Nat slaps her arm. "What did I do?"

"Cookies." I say bluntly and stare into her dark soul.

"Cookies." She says back with a smirk and wiggling eyebrows.

Cue another hit.

"Ow!" 

"What are cookies?" Peter asks confused and we all turn to him with looks of horror on our faces, except Laura who has a grin.

"NO!" Nat, Anna and I yell simultaneously as we tackle Laura to the ground and holding her mouth to keep her from saying anything.

The girls and I sit in a circle in my room as we just talk about the most random things that would ever come to our minds and drink tea

I don't even like tea all that much, but I love having these 'tea parties' with my girls. We act super posh and classy, knowing we are far from that, and it's just hilarious. 

I'm even wearing my tiara.

I am a queen. 

Couldn't find a crown, so I'm sticking with my tiara.

"The only way to kill the zombies was with freaking hot sauce!!" I exclaimed, taking a sip of my tea with my pinky up as I explained last night's dream. "Conveniently, I was at a grocery store. And then I had to help people go through a painting to a safe place? I swear my dreams get weirder every night."

"Girl your mind is bizarre." Nat laughs.

"Where do you think I get my book ideas from?" I chuckled, pushing my foggy glasses up.

"Speaking of books," Anna started. "HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO MY POOR CHRORA HEART!?"

I smile sheepishly at her, genuinely scared that she'll kill me, even though her punches don't hurt me.

"What did she do?" Laura asked.

"I may or may not have left a cliffhanger and one of the main characters may or may not be dead." I smiled innocently.

"Damn."

"Sky I swear to god if you hurt my babies I will brutally murder you." I laugh nervously and scoot away from her.

She's really passionate about Crownless.

"No promises." I grin and she throws popcorn at me.

"Hey, that's for the movie!" Nat whined. 

"What should we watch?" I ask, looking through the movies on my PC.

"Bee movie!" Laura exclaimed and everyone cheered as I put it on and sat back next to my friends as we ate the popcorn and watched the movie.

My stomach is so going to hurt tomorrow. 

Imma have a gas baby.

Halfway through the movie, my phone lights up with a new text.

Ignoring it, I turn back to the movie.

Then I hear tapping on my window, and as someone who watches a lot of horror videos despite hating them and not being able to handle them well, I jump in my seat, holding my heart as adrenaline and fear runs through my veins.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? HIDE ME!!"

I am clearly a hero to the girls.

"Sky, chill." Anna puts a hand on my shoulder, trying her best to keep her laughter in.

She's a horror junkie, I bet she loved this.

Laura and Nat were full on laughing at my reaction. Nat then pointed to my window and I see Peter holding a very long stick-ruler thingy and using it to tap on my window.

"Jesus, you scared the crap out of me!" I exclaimed as I opened the window, the girls sitting beside me. "Couldn't you text again or something?"

"I never double text." Peter shrugged. "I wanted to ask you something."

"And that is?"

"What exactly is the English project?" He scratches the back of his head. "Brianna is texting me a lot about it and I have no idea what it even is."

"Bruh." I deadpan. "You scared me for that? Dude we were watching a movie!!" I whine. "Why didn't you ask her?"

"I didn't want to look stupid!"

I sigh, rubbing my face, careful to avoid my glasses.

"You are stupid."

I really hate being scared.

"You just have to write a debate and present it." Nat explains.

"Yeah, I don't understand why she's making a big deal out of it." I say.

"Taybh and I are almost done with ours." Nat explained. "She texted me about it and we got started right away."

"Brianna insisted on coming over, so I guess I won't be seeing you guys much on Monday." Peter says.

"Tim and I are meeting at lunch on Monday as well." I say and notice Peter tense up.

"Guys, enough boring school talk, the best part is coming up!" Anna reminded us, motioning to the movie. We quickly say bye to Peter and I close the blinds for more privacy before we continue the movie.