Chapter 38

Lmao my next door neighbors moved, crossing my fingers to get a Peter 😂😂

Sky

I groan as I erase a part of my drawing again, I just can't get it right for some reason. I look back up at my computer and observe the picture I'm using as a reference and observe my own drawing to figure out where I went wrong.

I let out a tired sigh and take off my glasses to rub my stinging eyes with the back of my hand to make sure I don't get any graphite smears on myself. 

I get a sudden feeling that someone is behind me, so I turn abruptly only to see nothing. I could swear I just saw a shadow. Am I hallucinating?

Do I need to sleep or see a therapist?

I shake my head and continue my drawing. I've been procrastinating with my friends' Christmas gifts because I had no idea what to get them, so I'm drawing each person something they love. For Anna, I drew Pennywise, which was torture because I hate clowns. For Laura, I drew a mash up of characters from her favorite anime. For Nat, I drew her more characters from another anime that I know she likes. They all love anime, and they've tried to get me into it but it's just not my thing.

Unless one day I learn Japanese, that would be a game changer.

I'm currently working on the hardest drawing, which will be Peter's gift if I don't screw it up badly. Long ago I've taken a picture of him as he was adjusting his camera and it turned out amazing. I've never really shown it to him, so this will be a surprise. I made the picture black and white so I can draw it with pencils since it's my strongest point, and I still don't know how to color realistically.

I've drawn the majority of the picture, but his hair is too perfect to be drawn so I'm facing some trouble. But overall, I like the way it's turning out so far. It's not spot on, obviously, but it's kinda cool, and I'm proud of it.

In addition to the drawings, I made us some charms with polymer clay; each of us would get a pizza slice, and when we put them together they make a whole pizza. I've also bought Meg some scented candles, and a kitty charm necklace for Kat. 

My phone light up with a new text and I open it, seeing it's a text from my friend back in Jordan. We usually talk in English but sometimes it's easier to talk in Arabic.

 We usually talk in English but sometimes it's easier to talk in Arabic

Nada: YOU'RE 16!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! 

Aww, thank you Nadoosh! But it's still not the 24th? 😂😂

Nada: Well, it is here in Jordan.

Oh, right, time zones are a thing lmao. 

Nada: Heba and Leen wish you a great year too. We really miss you 💖

I miss you guys tooooo 😭😭😭😭