30 years later

Since it's the new year I wanted to do something for y'all so here's an extra, please help my book get to 1million reads it's at 900k.

Make sure you read my newest book "for matthew".

Hayes POV.

( 30 years later )

Limping over my cane I slowly walked up my door step. My clammy wrinkly hands twisted the old golden door knob to the front door.

"Karla I'm home" I struggled to speak.

My hands shook as I picked up a wooden picture frame with Karla's picture in it from when she was 31 off of the wall.

"Did you miss me?"
I pressed my shriveled lips against the smooth glass of the frame.

My back kills, I held it in place as I walked into the empty kitchen, I sat the picture frame down on the kitchen table. I poured my black coffee into my favorite white mug that Karla bought me, the stronger the coffee the better.

I sat down next to Karla's picture.

"Nice day huh" I clinked my mug against the side of the frame gently as if it was a cheers.

I sipped my hot coffee.

"Time for the old meds" I slowly pulled myself up, the counter was only a few steps away but it was still hard to walk to it.

I picked up my anabolic's and swallowed them down with my coffee.

"Time for bed Karla"

I sat down on my bed, getting off my feet was instant relief even though being old was still pain in the ass.
Setting my glasses on the night stand I pulled the covers over me.

I adjusted Karla's pillow and made sure there was no wrinkles in her blankets, just like how she liked it.

"I love you babe" I coughed roughly as a tear dropped out of my useless eyes.

"I miss you, and I will see you soon" I kissed her silver wedding ring and set it back down on the ledge.

I turned off my lamp and closed my eyes but painful tears still feel from my eyes.

"God, please give me my wife back and I will do anything, amen"