Chapter Seventy-Two

Karly's POV

The thrill of Halloween excites me. Just the thoughts of the horror, candy, costumes, and being out late.

Here at the Caniff/ Grier/ Espinosa/ Dallas household you're never too old for Halloween. Whether you're tricker treating, going to parties, or passing out candy you're not too old to dress up.

This year Nash was a groom and Cameron was a his bride, Bailey was a pirate and Noah was her parrot, Matt is a princess, dad is a hunter in camo, and Hayes and Peyton are cheerleaders together.

Hailey and I are going as Superman and Spiderman in tutus. Peyton and Hailey were coming over in an hour. I'm not mad at Hailey at all, or has in that matter because I did things with Peyton.

Bailey, Matt, Cameron, and I decorated the inside of the house as Dad and Nash did the outside.

---------

I looked in the mirror fluffing my tutu.

I made my way for the door and walked into the hall running into Hayes.

"Sorry" he apologized.

"It's fine" I sighed.

Hayes was much bigger and muscular then I had remembered from a couple years ago. For a 16 year old he looked like a 18 year old.

The doorbell rang, Hayes and both raced to the door. The stairway opening wasn't wide enough for the two of us to fit through.

I pushed him and kicked my feet as we both stood shoulder to shoulder squeezed in a wall.

"Move" he commanded.

"I'm getting the door" I yelled.

"Not before I do" he shouted.

"Let me go" I hollered.

All of a sudden the weight lifted off of me and I found myself tumbling down the stairs with Hayes.

"Shit" Hayes whined.

When we hit the bottom of the stairs my leg was on Hayes stomach, his arm on my head, my arm on his head and our legs randomly wrapped together.

I looked up the staircase and saw Noah. Noah had pushed us both down the stairs. For such a little guy he was so strong.

We both got up and ran to the door.

"I got it!" We yelled at the same time.

When we got to the front door Bailey had beat us.

"Here's your candy, have a good night" Bailey said politely.

"Aughh" I let out in disappointment hoping it was Hailey or Peyton.

Right when I sat on the couch the doorbell rang again this time it was actually Peyton and then Hailey.

"Come in" Cam said from the kitchen.

"You're house smells surprisingly good for a home full of teenagers" Hailey said looking around.

I laughed awkwardly.

"Your house is huge" she hummed. I think the only time she'd been over was when she went upstairs with Hayes.

I grabbed my phone so we could leave.

"Have fun, be safe, and no raising the dead" dad said.

"Yes sir" Hailey sang.

"Whatever" Hayes cooed.

"Got it" I said.

The first thing we did was walk to a store to get glow sticks. After we got our glow sticks we walked back to the neighborhood.

"What's that place" Peyton asked pointing to a small store under a street light.

"I've never seen that before" Hailey said.

"Let's go to it" I suggested. I was looking for trouble tonight.

We walked to the small store.

'Connrad's Unusual objects' a small antique shop.

As we walked in the little bell on the door chimed.

"Smells like old men" Hailey complained.

"Dude be quiet the guy is right there" Peyton whisper shouted. All night Peyton whisper shouted.

"Welcome" the guys smiled.

We all smiled back and started looking around.

"Dude check this out" Hayes said to Peyton. Hailey and I walked over to Hayes with Peyton.

"Really an Ouija board, you're stupid" Hailey said playfully punching Peyton's arm.

"I want it" Hayes sang in a weird voice.

"Hayes no nobody would approve of that" I said referring to Nash, dad, Cameron, Matt and Bailey. Then again I kinda wanted to do something risky tonight.

"They don't have to know" he bellowed.

"Mr. Caniff said no raising the dead" Peyton mentioned.

"It's not raising the dead, it's just communicating with the dead there's a difference" Hayes smirked.

"Hayes really" Hailey said worried.

"Let's just go trick or treating and stick with our plans" I said to make Hailey happy.