Chapter Thirty-Seven

Authors note:
Skipping ahead a bit

Karly's POV

It's been a year now since I've seen the guys. Everyday I grow a little bit more anxious to see them again.

Today's my 16th birthday and last month was Hayes birthday. The day of Hayes birthday I had a miniature party for him by myself.

I walked into the nasty kitchen of David's house that I tried to clean but failed. One thing I miss about being in my old house is that Nash always had it cleaned, he cleaned after everything.

"Happy birthday" David said, happy birthday was probably one of the nicest things he's said since I've been here.

I ignored his kindness and went outside and sat on the deck.
David followed me back outside.

"What do you want for your birthday?" he asked me.

"To be back home with the boys" I mumbled.

"That's all you ever talk about" he yelled. I ran back inside slamming the door.

I ran into my room. I'm getting so frustrated that he doesn't understand that I don't want to be here.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Karla please" he said trying to get in.

"No, you don't understand how bad I want to be in California" I yelled pouting on my bed.

I heard his footsteps walk away. I noticed a envelope slipped under the door.

I walked over and picked it up. Inside was one plane ticket to California.
I couldn't believe this! he bought me a ticket to go home.

I opened the door and gave him a hug, I'm probably gonna regret doing that but in this moment I forgot how much I disliked David.

"Get in the car you don't want to be late for your flight" he smiled.

I didn't pack  anything cause nothing here a cared about. When I got to the airport David handed me a small slip of paper.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's my number, call me anytime if you want to come back or something" he smiled.

I got out of the car and walked in the airport feeling free and happy. I crumbled up the paper and shoved it in my pocket. I doubt I'd call him but he was the last piece I had to my past life.

••••••

I got off the plane and smelled the Cali air. As I was walking I bumped into a man. As I looked at his face my heart exploded.

"Karly?! you're home" the voice squealed.

Authors note::

Sorry this chapter is a little short I wanted it to be a cliff hanger.