Chapter Five

Taylor's POV

Cameron and Karla became best friends in only one day which is amazing for this house. It was Karla's first day with us and all day Cam was either holding her hand, carrying her, or she was riding on his shoulders. I'm glad to see Karla is fitting in nicely.

Karla was also a little close with Matt, but Matt is more of a loner. He just sits on his phone inside texting his girlfriend, Bailey, most of the time.

I was helping Nash make dinner. Nash insisted that he made this one pot pasta he learned how to make in high school cooking classes. I was straining the noodles when Karla ran inside the house laughing. She ran upstairs and I heard the door shut. Ignored the slamming door assuming her and Cam are playing some game.

After hearing the door shut I heard crying and screaming. I dropped the metal strainer on the kitchen tiles and ran upstairs with Matt following behind.

Karla lied on the ground crying. She held her left and tightly with her right hand. I saw blood on her hands, it was dripping onto her jean shorts.

Nash's POV

Karla ran upstairs and slammed the door, then she started screaming and crying. My first instinct was to run upstairs, but my hands were covered in raw chicken. Luckily Taylor was already bolting up the steps.

"You go check on her I will watch the stove" I commend to Taylor.

I listened to the sound of Matt trailing behind Taylor.

Then Cameron came inside.

"Where's Karla I can't find her, we were playing hide and seek but she is not outside" cam said looking around concerned.

Cameron's POV

"Your turn to count!" Karla said covering my eyes. This girl has had me running, jumping, and twirling all day. I don't understand how she has so much energy. She's relentless.

"Okay, but remember no cheating you can't hide inside" I reminded her.

"1...2...3..." I started counting.

I looked around but I couldn't find her anywhere until I saw the glass door wide open, she went inside. That little snake.

When I walked in I saw Nash cooking and asked where she was.

Then I heard crying from upstairs.

I ran upstairs and saw Matt cradling Karla with Taylor's grey shirt knotted around her hand.

"What happened!" there was blood on Matt too. I stomach was dropping at the sight of blood everywhere, Karla crying, and the fact that I had no idea what's going on.

"She slammed her hands in the door. I think it got cut on a loose nail" Taylor panicked trying to calming her down.

"Well, lets take her to the hospital" I said grabbing the keys without hesitation.

Matt carried her to the car and Taylor drove.