Chapter Twenty-Six

Karly's POV

"Where is he going" I asked confused not knowing what was going on.

All I know is that Hayes ran out crying.

"He's fine Kar, don't worry about it he will be back" Matt explained.

I was worried about him.

After 10 minutes he didn't come back.
We were in the middle of watching Bad Grandpa at 11 o'clock at night with no trace of Hayes.

Every couple seconds I turned around to see if he was back but he never showed. Everyone was laughing and having a good time while I waited for him.

Trevor swung his arm around my neck as he laughed at the movie.

I slid under his arm and crawled to the door to look for Hayes.

I checked all of the third floor and Second floor before my leg got tired from the boot.

I went to his room he was sharing with Carter and Aaron.

I knocked on the door.

I heard someone twist the door knob. My heart filled with relief hoping it was Hayes.

"Hey Karly what are you doing here?" asked Aaron who opened the door.

"Is Hayes in here" I asked in a hurry to find him.

Aaron turned around and looked around. Aaron did the face where he lifts up his eyebrow and gives you the 'i don't know' face.

"Ah, he grabbed his stuff and left a couple minutes ago" I didn't respond.

I ran to the lobby as fast as I could.
I yelled at the elevator to go faster and darted to the lobby.

I glanced around quickly, trying to find Hayes.

He was nowhere in the lobby. I thought I was about to cry if he was leaving.

I charged for the door and pushed a lady out of my way, people looked at me concerned.

I jerked the door open and looked around in the pitch black night sky that was barley lit by the city lights.

I finally found a body figure sitting on a bench with a suitcase.

I walked towards it hoping it was Hayes again.

I turned the flash on on my phone and shined it on the person.

"Dude, hey, seriously do you mind" a teenage girl said covering her eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry I thought you were someone else"

"Hey aren't you Caniff's daughter" she asked

"Ya I am, do you know Hayes Grier" I asked in a hurry.

"Duhhh, I just saw him he went over there" she pointed to the other side of the building.

"Thanks" I yelled running to where she pointed.

"Wait, can we get a pic" her voice fated as I walked further away trying not to trip with my big boot.

I was now getting really frustrated that things were getting in my way of finding Hayes.

My eyes watered up in tears and frustration. I blew up.

"Seriously! come on, I just want to find my boyfriend! Okay" I yelled at the body siting on the ground that I tripped over.

"Karly?" the figure asked.

I couldn't make out who it was over the dark night.

The body figure shined their phone on my face.

My red, sweaty, angry face.

"Hayes" I said mumbling over the lump in my throat.

"What boyfriend, you mean the one you're cheating with" The voice belonged to Hayes.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! I saw you hugging someone in the living room" he shouted.

"You don't have to yell okay! he's not my boyfriend, I don't even know him in person, he's just one of my idols I watch on YouTube, he older than me anyways!" I yelled back.

It got really silent, I just yelled at Hayes from the top of my lungs, all my anger and frustration just blew into Hayes face.

People stared at us, two 14 year olds sitting against a building wall of a hotel at 12 o'clock at night crying.

More tears fell from my face, Snuffles came out of Hayes as he cried too.

"I didn't mean to yell I'm sorry" I whispered.

Headlights shinned on us and a car horn honked.

Hayes grabbed his suitcase and went to the car.

My life was over, I crawled up into a ball against the hotel and balled my eyes out until it hurt to cry.

The brightness from the car fated away, he was gone, Hayes was gone and going home.

I failed. My life was over, I banged my head against the brick wall sobbing.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Although I'm only 14 this was my first love and the only love I've ever experienced besides the boys. I've never had the actual love of a mother or a real father. I don't know love.