Chapter Twenty-One

Karly's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I woke up to beeping sounds. The beeping sounds did not belong to a alarm clock but it sounded familiar.

I looked around, my surroundings were unfamiliar, I was in a white room in a hospital bed.

I didn't know what was going on, nobody was in the room but me. I was scared.

"DAD!" I yelled.

"DAD!" I repeated.

The door flew open.

"Karly!"  He said coming to me, he gave me a huge hug.

"I was so worried about you" he said kissing my forehead over and over again.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You had a panic attack, and you hit your head pretty hard when you fell."

He explained.

I didn't remember any of that happening.

"We're still going on tour right?" I asked concerned.

Dad smile slowly wore off. His face dropped in disappointment and so did my hopes.

"You're not smiling anymore, are we not going?" I said trying not to get shocked up.

"We're going, but you're not I'm sorry" he frowned.

His words shot me in the heart. The lump in my throat grew bigger. My eyes watered up.

"What do you mean" I asked trying not to cry.

"The doctor doesn't want you to go back in front of big crowds like that" He explained.

"No! I'm fine though, I'm fine" I whined.

"Karly the doctor said, I can't do anything about it, you could have another panic attack it's not worth the risk" he said trying to give me a hug.

Warm salty tears streamed down my face, I waited forever for this.

"I won't have a panic attack I promise" I said raising my voice.

I pulled away from his arms and threw my face into the pillow, and cried, cried for a long time.

After a couple minutes dad left.

Everything I wanted was just thrown away. I started to get a headache from crying.

An hour later I woke up to Hayes tapping my shoulder.

I opened my heavy eyes that were crusted from crying, I must have cried myself to sleep.

I looked at the time 2:25 pm.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing the show right now" I said effortlessly.

"Well I'm supposed but I decided to stay with you" he explained.

"Really?" I asked feeling a little better.

"Ya, if you can't go then why should I" he said smiling.

I smiled and gave him a big hug.

"Oh, I brought you this" he said pulling something from behind his back.

He pulled out a big blue teddy bear holding a StarBucks frappe.

He handed me my frappe and he drank his.

I took a sip of my drink, Double chocolate chip my favorite.

"How did you know what one I wanted?" I asked.

"Because, you've talked about it in your sleep before" he laughed. My face turned red in embarrassment.

I didn't realize I talked in my sleep, at least I didn't snore like him.

"Good news is the doctors said your cast can come off now and switch to a walking boot."

Hayes sat in bed with me and he brought my laptop. All day and night we watched movies on Netflix.

We watched all of the home alone movies. Hayes wrapped his arm around me.

"I really like you Karly" he said staring into the screen.

"I really like you too" I whispered back.