Chapter Seventy-Eight

Karly's POV

I walked into the living room where Nash was scrubbing down the living room.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Cleaning"

"...why?" I asked surprised. I haven't seen Nash clean so much since the old house.

"Company" he said spraying the TV and washing it with Windex.

"Who is coming over?" I asked.

"Jc, Shawn, and Brent" he answered.

"But you never clean for them."

"They're all bring their sisters" he added.

"Why" I asked again, kind of strange.

"We thought you could use some more girls in your life" he explained. I gave him a weird look.

"No thanks" I said giving him a sick look.

"Can you at least try to make friends" he said with a fake teethed smile.

"Nope" I said walking away.

One hour later Jc and Jaylyn, Shawn and Aaliyah, and Brent and Lexi showed up. The guys all went to the basement and I was stuck with these three girls I didn't know. I sat there with a gumpy look on my face, I crossed my arms and stared at them.

"I'm gonna go sit by my brother" Aaliyah said pointing towards the stairs to the basement. She got up and ran down to the guys. I looked back over where Jaylyn and Lexi were. Lexi played on her phone and Jaylyn stared at the light brown wall.

I swallowed my spit that I was avoiding to spit out. I opened my mouth thinking I was going to say something to break the awkwardness, but I never ended up saying anything.

We probably sat there in silence for about ten minutes before someone finally said something.

"Where's the bathroom?" Jaylyn asked.

"There's one by the mudroom over there and one upstairs straight down the hall" I explained quietly.

"Okay" she whispered very soft and quietly. She got up and skipped to the mudroom where the bathroom was.
I looked at Lexi who was near me.
She had long hair and a beautiful face.
She seemed like one of those girls who can wear the ugliest thing or make the weirdest face but still look amazing.
I bit my lip feeling a little insecure about myself. Sitting next to all three of them made me feel ugly.

Lexi and Aalyiah were so pretty, both had decently long hair and nice white teeth. Both dressed in skinny jeans, sweaters, and scarfs.
I looked down at my outfit; black and white Adidas sweatpants that were once Cams and a big worn out sweatshirt that had a stain from either food or tooth paste.

Both of them had shinny moisturized hair. My hair was thrown back into a messy bun like always. They both even had on nice socks unlike mine that weren't matching and one had a hole.
Then again it's the weekend, the weekend is when I don't care about myself.

Luckily Matt and Cam both walked in with baggy sweatpants and old t-shirts and sweaters. They both had messy frizzy hair and slipper socks.
I didn't feel bad when I blended in with them.

"Hey Matt" Lexi smiled cheesily waving at Matt in a flirty way. Matt gave her a weird look.

"Hi?" He said back. She smiled and flipped her hair. I tried not to laugh at this attempt to flirt with someone like 5 years older than her. Matt grabbed the jar of Nutella and ran back upstairs.