Chapter 36:

{ Carrie's POV }

  "What was that about?" Mike asked as I fixed my hair.

  "Something me and her were talking about." I said with a sigh.

  "About me?" Mike asked looking confused. "Baby did I do something?" Mike said hugging me tightly.

  "No no, I just..." I said pausing a second to sigh. "When you kiss me...its different." I said causing him to raise his eye brow.

  "I'm sorry." Mike apologized sadness coming over his face.

  "What? No that's not what I meant!" I said looking into his eyes. "When you kiss me, I don't want to take my hands off you." I confessed taking ahold of his collar. "But I don't want us to get carried away (pun intended)." I said looking into his eyes. "I don't want to worry about being pregnant." I said with a sigh.

  "You shouldn't worry." Mike said before hugging me tightly. "Look at me." He said putting his finger under my chin. "God has got a plan for us..." Mike said before kissing me softly. "Don't worry about anything, pray about everything." He whispered sweetly before kissing me again.

  "Lord I thank you for this beautiful day you have given us, and this beautiful women standing in front of me." Mike prayed as he held my hands tightly. "Lord I pray for this baby that we may or may not have and I pray that one day when you know both of us are ready I pray that you bless us with a beautiful family." He continued. "I pray that you keep us safe and keep our relationship strong with you and with each other... In Jesus name I pray, Amen." He said finishing the prayer to smile down at me.

  "Thank you." I said looking up at him with a smile.
  "I love you." Mike replied before placing his lips onto mine.

"I love you too." I whispered my lips still close to his as we pulled away.

"I swear I am the absolute luckiest guy in the world." Mike said hugging me tightly, lifting my feet off the ground. "It feels like a dream." Mike said kissing me as he gently put me back down.

"Come on." I laughed pulling him back towards the shop.

"What is that?" Ivey asked referring to the plastic bag in Mikes hand. "Is that what I think it is?" She asked coming over to us.

  "It was the only one that was possitive." I said as she hugged me.

  "Y'all okay?" She asked looking at me seriously.

  "Yeah about to goto the doctor." I said as Mike looked over at me.

  The way to the doctors office was quiet. From time to time he'd glance over at me and flash me a smile, but I didn't want him to be excited because I know I'm not pregnant.

  "You okay?" Mike asked helping me out of the truck.

"Are you excited?" I said looking up at him.

  "Well yes..." Mike replied holding my hands.

  "Don't be." I said before walking inside.

-2 hours later

  "I told you not to be excited." I sighed as he opened my door.

  "Its going to be okay..." Mike said looking at me seriously.

"Mike he said I can't have kids." I said as tears came to my eyes.

  "No he didn't he said it will be harder for us then most people that's all." Mike said wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

  The car ride home was silent. With my knees pulled into my chest. I felt so horrible for not being able to give Mike the family he deserves. Yes the doctor said did say I could take some medicine to increase our chances but that's only worked for 2% of women.

  "Baby you okay?" Mike asked and I shivered at the word.

"Please don't call me that." I said glancing over at him.

  "Princess please don't beat your self up over this." Mike said gripping my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine.

  "Why not it is my fault that you won't be able to have kids...with me at least." I said as we pulled into our driveway.

  "Carrie you are the only one that I will have kids with." Mike said looking at me seriously. "And its not your fault, you didn't do anything to make it like this." He said holding my hand tighter, as tears came to my eyes.

Sorry for the delay lol I was in Tennessee