Chapter 21:

{ Mike's POV }

  I found her in the kitchen sitting on the counter with tears running down her face. "Carrie what's wrong?" I asked going over and trying to hug her but she quickly pushed me away.
"Mike I am fine!" Carrie exclaimed as tears ran down her face

  "I don't understand why your trying to hide this from me." I said confused.

  "Mike I'm not hiding anything!" She said before resting her head in her hands.
"Stop lying to me Carrie I can tell when your upset." I said pulling her hands away from her face.
"Stop!" She yelled pulling away. "Mike I am fine please just drop it." She yelled getting up and storming out.

  I finally got myself together and went downstairs in the car garage below the hotel and looked for Carrie. I found her car and she was sitting in the drivers seat with her radio turned up loud. I opened the door and she just looked at me with a tear stained face. I could smell alcohol in her car as she just stared at me.

  I couldn't figure out why all of the sudden she started drinking so much and it kinda upset me that Carrie was doing this to herself.
  "My mom she's really sick...she has a tumor..." Carrie said sitting back in her sit taking her gaze off of me. "I don't know what I'm going to do." She confessed taking another gulp of beer. "They're not sure if she has Cancer or not yet." Carrie said weakly finishing the beer and picking up another taking the lid off.
"Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked confused as I tried hugging her but she pulled away. "And why all of the sudden you just start drinking." I said giving her a look as she took a long sip of her beer.
  "Because it takes the pain away Mike..." Carrie replied taking a another gulp out of the bottle. I watched in disbelief as Carrie drank and drank quickly finishing then getting another bottle.

  "Carrie why can't God take the pain away? Or me?" I asked as I felt myself getting upset.
"Mike its different." She said with a sigh drinking some more.
  "How Carrie? Do you see what your doing?" I said starting to raise my voice. She just glanced at me continuing to drink some of her beer. "Stop!" I yelled taking the beer from her lips throughing it to the ground causing the sound from the shatter to Eco through the car garage. "Carrie I can't do this anymore!" I said as I saw tears reforming in her eyes. "I can't!" I yelled as tears fell from her eyes. "I'm sorry." I said before going upstairs leaving her down there by herself.

  { Carrie's POV }

  I finished my beer sobbing in between every sip. I got myself together and went upstairs to talk to Mike. I decided to take the stairs so no one would see me. I stubbled and fell forward onto the stairs with a quiet scream. I winced in pain holding my nose as I stood up. I took my hand away from my face and saw that my nose was bleeding and hurried up stairs trying not to trip over my own feet considering how I was drunk.
"What happened to you?" Mike asked coldly as I came through the door holding my sleeve to my nose getting a paper towel.

  "I fell, but I'm fine." I said still holding the paper towel to my nose. "Mike are you really going to leave me?" I asked following him into our room.
"Carrie I love you but-"
  "If you love me stay..." I said tears falling from my eyes as I sat beside him. "Please Mike I promise I'll stop the drinking easily, I don't know what got into me." I said wiping my eyes.

  "Carrie things have went down hill since the miscarriage..." Mike replied looking at me seriously.
"I know, I'm sorry...I just..." I sighed thinking of the right way to use my words. "I feel like because of the miscarriage I'm a bad person, so why not act like one?" I said flidding with my fingers.
  "Your not a bad person at all..." Mike said hugging me. "You've just walked down the wrong path." He said kissing my forehead.

  "Mike I can't do it without you." I said crying into his chest.
  " God is going to get us through everything...he wouldn't put us through it if we couldn't handle it." Mike said looking down at me.

  "So your not leaving?" I asked looking up at him.

  "No." Mike replied gently wiping my eyes. "I couldn't do it without you either." Mike confessed looking down at me.

  I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me, then pinned my hair up and went into the bedroom. "Are you going to be ready?" Mike asked as I went over to my suitcase.
"Yes Mike I'm not putting any make up on or doing my hair." I said before going in the bathroom to change. "Everything packed?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom.
"Yes honey." Mike said coming over to me and putting his arms around my waist.
"What is it?" I said as he looked at me seriously.
"I love you." Mike said before kissing me.
"I love you too." I replied as we pulled away. "Now let's go." I said as I put my hair up in a bun.