Chapter 30:

{ Carrie's POV }

  Mike and I are on the plane ride home, and he's been silent almost the whole time and I couldn't figure out why. From time to time I'd cuddle up to his arm or try and put his arm around me but he didn't seem to respond.

  "Mike what's wrong with you?" I asked looking over at him, as I sat up straight. "You've been ignoring me the whole time." I said as he looked over at me.

  "I'm sorry I've just been thinking." Mike said putting his arm around me and kissing my cheek.
  "About what babe?" I asked holding his hand.
"Those kids we saw in the airport." Mike replied with a sigh. "They have me thinkin." He added looking back over at me.

  Mike and I were walking through the airport and we saw these two kids playing. They were extreamly cute and it was heart warming to see them playing the way that they were.
  "About what?" I asked afraid of what the answer would be.

  "Having kids." Mike answered letting go of my hand and turning his body to face me. I sighed not knowing what to say because I knew this would happen. Mike would be ready before I was and I would be holding him back just like before. "Care?" He said pulling me out of my thoughts.
  "What? I'm sorry." I said looking back up at him.
  "What are you thinkin?" Mike asked holding my hands.
"I'm thinkin that your ready and I'm not and that I'm going to be holding you back again." I said sighing as a tear fell from my eye.
  "Carrie." Mike said pulling me into a hug. "Baby its not like that." He said hugging me.

  "But it is like that Mike, you just don't want to admit it." I said as more tears fell from my eyes.
"Its not like that I promise!" Mike said hugging me again. "Carrie its really not I ju-"
"Its always been like that, but I guess it doesn't matter. " I sighed cutting Mike off.
  "No it hasn't." He said looking disappointed.
  "I actually have to goto the bathroom." I lied standing up as I wiped my eyes.
  "Honey." He sighed trying to grab my hand as I stood up but I pulled away. When I shut the bathroom door the tears seemed to just pour out, and I couldn't stop them.

  I sat on the toilet and pulled my knees into my chest and rested my head on my knees and just cried. I feel like Mike doesn't want to hurt my feelings but he knows that I holding him back and I always have been.

  "Come out." Mike said knocking on the door. "Please Care, talk to me." He begged still standing at the door. I felt like a horrible person, and worse a horrible wife for not wanting to give him the kids that he wants and deserves.
  "Its not a big deal its fine!" I said standing up and wiping my eyes.
  "Carrie." Mike sighed trying to hug me as I opened the door but I pulled away. "Talk to me please." He begged following me to the couch and sitting beside me.
"I said its not a big deal...we'll try when we get home." I said pulling a blanket over me.
  "Carrie." Mike sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Baby if your not ready its okay." Mike said holding my hand.

  "No, I am." I lied looking over at him. I couldn't take it anymore, feeling like a horrible wife, so even if it meant me being pregnant when I'm really not ready if it makes Mike happy I don't care.
"Are you just saying that?" He asked looking at me seriously.
  "No." I replied with a sigh.
  "Okay...I can't wait to be a parent with you." He smiled leaning over and kissing me. "I love you so much." Mike said pulling me onto his lap and kissing me again.

  "I love you too." I said as he kissed my neck.

  The plane ride went back kinda fast and I was excited when we finally landed in Nashville but then was nervous of what was going to happen when we actually got home.