Not giving up

Marshall pov
It had been 10 sufferable months since I hadn't seen my gumball. Each day that went by, I felt a small part of me die from inside. I had gone to the kingdom several times to try to see him but the guards wouldn't let me in, and the thing that hurt most was when pepper had the guts to say that gumball was too important and busy for lower class people like me.
I went to school although I don't know why I kept going because if gumball wasn't there with me, I had no reason to go. I didn't do well in school anyway.
It was a whole day of thinking what gumball would be doing without me and if he was happy doing it or not. The bell rang to go home without me noticing until the professor would tell at me, the usual, but something different happened after class today. Fionna walked up to me and told me that she had been visiting gumball in the kingdom. I don't know what she was planning on doing as she talked about gumball infront of me, knowing I was hurt. I was starting to roll my eyes when she suddenly raised her voice at me.
"Listen Marshall. I know I'm a bitch to you, but you have to understand that seeing the both of you this way is killing me. You are just dead and gumball is depressed!"
I tilted my head with a slight smirk. Aww my gumball.
"You have to go get him." She said with a soft tone. I looked down at me feet nodding before looking back up at her with a smile.
"I will. Thanks fionna."
She blushed and gave me a small playful punch on the arm before walking away.
I had gotten home and was ready to go see gumball. I actually showered, changed in clean clothes and did my hair to go see him after months.
I flew off and in minutes I had arrived at the kingdom. I swiftly flew over the gate without letting the guards see me and landed on gumball's roof. I slipped down over his window and opened it. He wasn't there, which made a smirk grow over my lips, knowing that I could surprise him. I quietly hid in the closet and waited...