Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters

"One day sweethearts, you will have to find a way to keep the legacy for the family." My father said to My older sister and I.

        "How would we do that, daddy?" My older sister asked, who was five years old at the time.

        "You find a way," My father answered her.

        Since, I was only three years old, I didn't fully comprehend what my father was saying to us, unlike my sister, who is an academic prodigy. My father tried to find things that I could be good at that might help the family, but after a few years he gave up on trying. My mother on the other hand didn't give up on me, she bought me a computer for my seventh birthday and told me to find something that I would enjoy.

        My father had completely given up on me and my mother was starting to as well. As time went on, I started to lose hope in myself, I couldn't even find something that I liked. But, I wanted to make my family happy, and so, by my 8th birthday, I decided to make a change.

        I went on my computer and searched up jobs that made a lot of money. Even if I wasn't a prodigy, if I made enough money, my father would be at least a little proud of me. After a while I found out that the people who made some of the most money were people called hunters. Therefore, my conclusion is this, train to become one the the best Hunters in the world. Though, if I want to do that, I have to enter the exam with a bang. In order for that to happen, I have to pass the first Hunters exam I ever take, as a rookie.

        "Hey there sis," I heard my sister open my door to my room wider and walk in. She leaned on my desk, her hair brushing against the surface of the table, and her clothes shimmering in the light of my lonely lamp.

        "Hey..." I mumbled, I couldn't say how she felt about me, she was always away, going with father on business trips and being trained to be the next leader of the Akiyama family.

        My sister runs over and gives me a big hug.

        "I haven't seen you in so long!" She says squeezing me to death.

        "Mrs. Akiyama," I hear the maid say," Your father wants to have a meeting with you about your next business trip with him."

        My sister sighs, she hasn't seen me in what seems like an entire year.

        "Tell her I'll be there in a few minutes," My sister sighs again.

        "Of course, Mrs. Nellie," The maid bows and leaves to give the message to our father.

        "Just a few minutes at home and I have to plan for another trip. All of this traveling really hurts my head," She mumbles to herself. She looks back up at me.

        "So... have you decided on what you want your career to be?" My sister asks me, while twirling her hair.

        "Yeah, I have," I answer, trying to see if she was up to anything, especially with me being the 'runt' of the family.

        "Well, tell me what is it?" She asks excitedly while grabbing my shoulders and shaking the life out of me," Hmmm, maybe if the job you choose makes more money than me, I might become the runt of the family." She laughs. I smile, it seems my sister is the only one who even slightly believes in me. My father had once told me that, every generation the runt of the family is given the job of marrying someone who will have a stronger impact on how people think of my family. He told me that marrying someone with money was the only thing that I could ever do.

        "I-I want to be a hunter, and, o-one of the best hunters in the world!" I shouted. My sister gave me a blank stare, one without any emotions. She was thinking about how to react. All of that training and she doesn't even know anything about her own emotions.