Chapter 24

Final Showdown

I didn't run today as Sundays were meant for laziness. I was preparing for lunch and our first family dinner. Sean has bought me a cute apron that was super girly. It was a see-through cream color with pink roses on it. I suspected it wouldn't do much to protect me while cooking since the material was so thin. It was purely for feminine aesthetics, but I loved it anyways. 

 I got the apron idea from my fave show Golden Girls

Speaking of my Romeo it was time to put his pie into the oven. I'd made a mud pie for the rest of the guys as my Rockstar had a bit of a sweet tooth like my Pancake does. I put all the ingredients for red beans and rice into the slow cooker and put the temp on high and set timer for four hours.

Now lunch. What should I make for the terrible twosome? A pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind and I knew from the scent it was my Romeo. 

 "Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'?" Sean asked. 

"I'm making red beans and rice for us. Now I'm just trying to think of what to make the terrible two." I said as I leaned into him. 

 "Is that all you're cooking Pookie? It sure smells like apple pie in here or is it a delicious new candle?" Sean asked. I chuckled at my apple pie loving Romeo. 

 "Yes, I have an apple pie with a streusel topping in the oven and mud pie in the fridge for the other guys." I said. 

 "My Goddess Pookie." Sean said as he nipped my ear. I snapped my fingers. 

 "One can never go wrong with spaghetti. I'll make that for Mr. Blackbourne and a plain salad without anything. No dressing. That would be unhealthy!! That'll be for Grumpy Pants." I said happily. 

 "Help us all. She's plotting again." Axel said as he came into the kitchen. "Me? Never!" I gasped in mock horror.

I began humming to my music as I chopped an onion. Then I tossed the beef into the pan. Once it cooked enough to make its own oil, I tossed the onions in and continued browning the meat. I tossed Creole seasoning and garlic powder on the meat as I cooked it. Once the meet was fully cooked, I carefully drained the oil. I put some tomato paste into a pot and stirred it and then added tomato sauce. I mixed the two together and then added water and mixed some more. Then I added my parsley, creole seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan. I also added enough sugar to cut the tomato's acid but not enough to mess with the taste of my sauce. I added the meat and caramelized onions into the sauce and then put the sauce to simmer. The big pot filled with water was finally boiling so I added the angel hair pasta to the it. While that was going, I cut some French bread and dipped it in melted butter. I put minced garlic and parsley on each peace and put it in the oven to broil. They both finished at the same time, so I pulled the bread out and drained the water then added the noodles to my meat sauce. The timer for my pie went off and I pulled it out of my other oven and put it on the cooling sheet.