Chapter 17

Axel and I had just start, our usual path when he said that today while I was in class, they were going to get my room and Marc's sound proofed. I'm pretty sure my entire body was as red as a tomato. 

 "No he didn't say anything. I went for a snack in the kitchen and could hear you both going at it. I'm glad you had fun at least from my end of hearing things." Axel teased with a wink. Pretty sure my head is about to explode from levels of red my skin have never reached before. 

 "I did have fun thank you." I said trying to salvage the situation and sound confident as fuck. I was not feeling confident as fuck though as I stumbled over one of the many life-threatening cracks in New Orleans sidewalks and streets. I'm pretty graceful so they usually never get me but when you're under dire levels of embarrassment you might miss a crack the size of yourself. Thankfully Axel was there to save my life before I was swallowed inside the crack. Well, saved my physical life anyways because now my embarrassment levels were so high there was no recovering from that. 

 "I've never in my life saw a white girl as red as you." Axel said while laughing. 

 "THIS IS YOUR FAULT." I said as I take off jogging in a huff.

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

I tried to keep away from Sang in the form of her videos. I avoided them by sheer Blackbourne determination. Because I am Owen Blackbourne, I made it through the night before caving in. I started with the very first one titled Kill that Love which didn't sound promising. I listened to Sang's speech about dedicating it to toxic love which had me even more uncomfortable. Her cover of Praying was spellbinding. You could hear her every emotion and made you want to slay her every demon for her. Which made me reflect on Dr. Green's words about me having a hero complex. Was he right? Did he get that from Sang? Is that what she thought? Something told him that if he tried to win Sang back it'll be a hard battle that he might very well lose. He had to admit that he was excited to go see her and see if she is what he wants. What he's been looking for. If she was, he'd give it his all.

A/N: Don't you love how he wants to know if she's what he wants never considering he might not be what she wants.

Sang's POV

When I got home, I was going to drop my stuff off on the couch and bounce right back out for work, but Brandon stopped me. 

 "We would like you to see your room." Brandon said. I remembered then that they'd worked on my room to soundproof it. I went in and just stared in awe. They'd painted my walls in a light, tasteful pink so that it wasn't too much. Too loud. The crown molding was painted a cream color. My bedding was now cream with pink pillows. There was a sheer cloth attached to my ceiling and draping over the sides of the head of my bed with lights twinkling in the sheer cloth. 

"It's perfect Harley." I said when I finally found my words. 

 "We can't take the credit. We did the work, but your Gabriel sent us the design along with the design of Sean's room." Brandon said gruffly. 

"I'll thank him properly when I see him in person. But right now, I'm thanking you. He made the design but all of you made it happen you still deserve credit. Don't downplay yourself. Thank you, Harley." I said. I stood on my tiptoes and began kissing him softly. He took it to the next level, and we landed on my bed. 

 "Mmm. If I didn't have to get to work like ASAP, then I'd say let's break in this new room but alas I do have to get to work ASAP." I said as I kissed the side of his neck. 

 "Fine. We'll go be adults. I'm the one working with you and Marc tonight. We can always break in your room tonight after work though." Brandon said with a wink as he stood up and offered me his hand. I took his hand and allowed him to pull me up.