Chapter 33

We were all on the plane back to Charleston which was beginning to land. I focused on my plans to try and ignore my discomfort with landing. I had to admit that I kind of sort of missed the terrible two which just made what I had planned even more fun. 

 "Oi Trouble you have that fucking look in your eyes. Are you thinking about your plans for the terrible two?" Gabriel asked quietly so the other boys wouldn't hear. 

 "I know I am." Luke said with that dreamers look on his face. 

"Yes, I am also." I said with a smirk. The plane jolted as it hit the tarmac which made me realize I did a good job distracting myself as I hadn't been expecting it. I grabbed both boys' hands in a death grip as I jumped from my shock. 

 "Oi Trouble. I'll never be able to fucking style hair again." Gabriel said. 

"Stop being dramatic Meanie." I said with a grin as I saw Luke shaking his hand out of the corner of my eye.

"Yo Daddy-o! Where are you?? Your favorite child is home!" I called out after flinging my dad's front door open wide all dramatic like. 

 "Who is that and what have they done with my favorite child?" Phil asked as he strode into the foyer. 

 "Oh stop Philly Cheesesteak." I said with a giggle.

 "Ah there she is!" Phil said as he hugged me tight. 

 "Those boys better know I'm not sharing you this week." Phil said as he peered over my shoulder. 

 "I told them I'd be sleeping at your place and they aren't here dad." I said with a giggle. 

 "Lily and her guys will be joining us for dinner." Phil said. 

 "Oooh! That sounds great dad!" I said as I headed to my room with my stuff.

After a bit of a nap I took a shower and got ready for dinner. As I descended the stairs, I could hear voices and knew Lily and her guys were here. 

"Lil Bell!!" I gushed as I rushed over to her. Lily wrapped me in a hug. 

 "Is that our little Valkyrie?" Henry asked. 

 "It is! Ready and waiting to kick ass!" I said with a grin before hugging Henry and then William. 

"Little Valkyrie we can never thank you enough for unknowingly helping us solve the human trafficking case. The Academy has a team overseas tracking down countless women and kids. Your sperm donor kept meticulous records on where each went. Which of course doesn't mean who bought them didn't trade them away or sell them or give them away. But it still brings us a step closer to recovering them." Lily said with tears in her eyes. My stomach fell. I was glad so many have been recovered or are being recovered but I felt sick knowing what has happened to them because of my sperm donor. 

 "It's not your fault. You had nothing to do with what he did nor could you have known. You aren't guilty just because you share his DNA." Lily said sternly looking me deep in my eyes. 

 "It's a good thing my apple was kicked far from it's tree." I joked as we headed to the dining room.

"So how is Lana and her family doing?" Phil asked. 

 "Good. They sent their love and missed you at Christmas this year." I said. 

 "What about Miss Adelaide?" Phil asked. 

 "She didn't come. Something tells me she only comes to see you." I said with a matchmaking gleam to my eyes. 

 "Really" Phil asked, and I could easily read the interest in my dad's eyes. I fought the grin from my face so as to not give myself away.