Chapter 29

"I can't wait to see what Umbridge thinks of you going public," said Ron when Harry was done telling Ron, Fred and I at dinner on Monday night.

"I think it was the right thing to do, Harry," said Fred, "I must of been hard talking about it."

"Yeah," I said, " but people should know what Voldemorts capable of, haven't they?"

Harry got distracted by Cho coming in with her friend Marietta.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you," said Hermione brightly, glancing over at the Ravenclaw table, "what happened on your date with Cho? How come you were back so early?"

"Er... well, it was.." said Harry, pulling a dish of rhubarb crumple towards himself, "a complete fiasco, now that you mention it."

Harry told us what happened in Madam's Puddifoot's Tea Shop.

"...so then," he finished several minutes later as the final bit of crumple disappeared, "she jumps up, right, and says 'I'll see you around, Harry,' and runs out of the place!" Harry set down his spoon then looked at Hermione. "I mean, what was all that about? What was going on?"

"Oh, poor Cho," I sighed.

"Harry," Hermione said sadly. "Well, I'm sorry , but you were a bit tactless,"

"What?" said Harry, outraged. "One minute we were getting along fine, next minute she was telling me that Roger Davis asked her out, and how she used to snog Cedric in that stupid tea shop- how was I supposed to feel about that."

"Well, you see," said Hermione, with the patient air of one explaining equals to an overemotional toddler, "you shouldn't of told her we were meeting halfway through your date."

I toned out the conversation and finished my slice of chocolate pudding pie.

I only came back into the conversation when I heard my name.

"How was your date, Fred and Lily?" asked Harry.

"No, they said it wasn't a date," Ron said in a matter-of-fact tone

"Well, it wasn't at first but then it turned into one, I guess," said Fred.

"Yeah but its not like you guys are dating," said Ron.

"Well..." I said and blushed.

"Really?!" Hermione was smiling ear to ear. The weirdo, honestly.

"Yeah," I saw Fred's ears turn pink from the corner of my eye.

"Well congrats, mate," said Harry, smiling like Hermione. I looked at Ron who wasn't smiling.

"What's wrong, Ronikins?" asked Fred, noticing how Ron was reacting.

"Nothing," mumbled Ron as he ate another dish. "How is the team looking?"

"Really good, Lily hasn't let any in at all the last practice," Fred said grabbing my hand from under the table.

"Yeah, you are pretty good considering you never flown before this year," Harry said.

"You know, Quidditch was the only thing in this place worth staying for," said George who just joined the conversation.

"You've got your exams coming!" Hermione lectured George.

"Told you already, we're not fussing about N.E.W.T.s," said Fred yawning. "The Snackboxes are ready to roll, we found a way to get rid of those boils, just a few drops of murtlap essence sorts them."

"This match is in the bag, but if we loose to Zacharias Smith I'll kill myself," joked George.

"Kill him, most likely," said Fred firmly.