Chapter 68

Published August 20, 2016

It was back at Grimmauld Place when Harry told me what he over heard Malfoy and Snape talking about the night of Slughorn's Christmas Party. It was weird, hearing Harry tell me something big without the other two there.

"So what's happening with Hermione and Ron?" I asked him. It was one of the few moments I had to myself that I could spend with Harry, Fred had to go do Joke Shop stuff. I would have gone with, but I'm pretty sure we were both slowly getting tired of each other and needed our space.

"It's stupid," Harry sighed, looked tired but not from lack of sleep. "Well, Ron and her always bicker, you know? Well, after they decided to go to Slughorn's party together, it got worse, and Ron ended up making out with Lavender whenever he can and Hermione had to ask Cormac to go with her and it is just a stupid hot mess," Harry rambled on, it was obvious this was frustrating to him. "You know, everything was so crazy before you came, but when you left it was even worse."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said, patting his shoulder. "Is anything else bothering you?"

Harry paused, glancing at where Ginny and Ron were playing Wizard Chess across the dusty living room.

"No," he said finally, tearing his eyes away from the girl. Does he realize that he likes her yet? "So do you think Fred and Ron will finally make up, you know, since he for sure doesn't like you anymore?"

"I don't think so," I sighed. "As much as I would like to, it's not going to happen sort of thing. Fred can hold a grudge, and Ron is being a prick right now more than ever."

"True," Harry said sadly. "What did your letter from Dumbledore say?"

"Oh, I forgot to open it, I'm guessing it's stuff that I've missed from the last lesson and school stuff," I said honestly. I hope nothing extreme has happened.

"Oh, well I can fill you in on the lesson," said Harry, then he started telling me about the time Dumbledore went to tell young Tom Riddle that he was a wizard and invited him to Hogwarts.

"Lily?" said Fred, coming out of the fireplace an hour later.

"Hello, how was work?" I asked, wheeling up to him.

"Horrible, the paper work I had put off to be at St. Mungos is catching up to me," said Fred, holding out a bunch of flowers. "I got you some flowers."

"Thanks, Fred," I said, taking the gorgeous flower bouquet into my lap.

Harry and Ron were in the kitchen, cutting sprouts for Mrs. Weasley.

"... Fred reckons his left buttock's never been the same since," Ron was telling Harry as Fred and George wheeled me in.

"I beg your pardon?" Fred said.

"Aaah, Fred, look at this. They're using knives and everything, bless them," George said, unconcerned about the boys conversation about Fred's butt.

"I'll be seventeen in two months' time," said Ron grumpily, "then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," said George, sitting down at the kitchen table, pulling a chair away so Fred could park my chair in the spot and putting his feet up, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a-- whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" said Ron, sucking at his cut finger. "You wait, when I'm seventeen--"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred. I laughed but shook my head at Fred.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," said George, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young Lavender Brown?"

Ron turned a little pink, but did not look displeased as he turned back to the sprouts. "Mind your own business."