Chapter 39

Published March 15, 2015

"Lily," someone was shaking me. "Lily, please wake up..."

I opened my eyes, trying to focus. I heard bangs and yells. People were fighting around me. I looked at who was shaking me. It was Harry.

"Harry!" I said. "Is Sirius okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine, just fighting some Death Eater at the moment.."

"WHAT!?" I sat up. I looked around. People were all around the room, fighting in groups. Sirius, Lupin Moody, Tonks, and Kingsley.

"They just got here, and they told me to help you. Neville's with Fred."

"Fred," I got up. I was a little dizzy, but I needed to make sure he was okay.

"Lil, take it easy!" Harry said.

"Harry, I need to get to-"

The stone between us exploded as a spell hit, leaving a crater. We both scrambled from the spot. I looked around for Fred, who was fighting Bellatrix with Neville and Lupin.

"Harry, I.. Harry?" I turned. A Death Eater was holding him by his throat, the others didn't see that he was dying, Kingsley was fighting two Death Eaters at once, Tonks was halfway up the teirs firing at Bellatrix. The man groped Harry's hand for the prophecy.

"Stupefy!" I said, calmly pointing at the Death Eater. He was out for the count. The Death Eater keeled over backward and his mask slipped off. It was Macnair, Buckbeak's would-be killer.

"Thanks!" said Harry, pulling me aside as Sirius and his Death Eater lurched past, dueling so fiercely that their wands were blurs. My foot touched something small and round. It was Moody's magical eye, spinning away across the floor.

It's owner was lying on his side, bleeding from the head, and his attacker was now bearing down on Harry and I: Dolohov had woken up from my curse.

Neville came out of nowhere. "Lily, you okay?"
"Fine at the moment, thanks for asking," I said, my eyes glued to the approaching Death Eater.

"Tarantallegra!" shouted Dolohov, his wand pointing at Neville, I put up a shield but the curse just passed through it. I was till out of it. Neville's legs went into a sort of frenzied tap dance, making him fall over. "Now, Potter-"

"Seriously, didn't you learn the first time? DON'T MESS WITH MY FRIENDS!" I shouted at him. He was surprised by my out burst, but recovered instantly. "Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy!"

We had no times for words, we just shot spells back and forth at each other.

He casted a non-verbal spell, not knowing what he was about to fire, I couldn't block it. The mint green light slowly made it's way towards me, it wasn't killing curse green light. I felt a invisible rope tighten around my ankles, they snapped together. Then the rope yanked upward, I fell to the floor, then was dragged up. The blood rushed to my head. I looked around for help, but Harry was helping Neville, and Fred was helping Lupin and Tonks defeat Bellatrix. I looked at Dolohov, who moved onto Harry.

"Accio Proph-"

Sirius hurtled out of nowhere, rammed Dolohov and sent him flying out of the way. The prophecy was at the end of Harry's finger tips.

Now Sirius and Dolohov were dueling. I was still figuring out how to get down, and right side up.

"Petrificus Totalus!" yelled Harry and Dolohov's arms and legs snapped together and fell forward. Once Dolohov was down, the curse lifted and I fell to the ground. Fred suddenly caught me, bridal style.