Chapter 87

This chapter will be in the point of view of Hermione for plot reasons. There will be a Bolded title for each moment in the trio's journey that is important, but I will not be writing every moment from the book as I usually do; just snipits of their life while separated from Lily.

Gone

"We had to leave Lily," I explained to the boys as I pulled them into the alley on Tottenham Court Road. "She was too far from us, it risked all of us being captured by the Death Eaters."

"But now she is probably captured!" panted Harry, worried as I had ever seen him.

"No, she knows how to defend herself. Don't forget that she is with Fred, in addition to that. I'm sure he Disapparated with her the second after we did."

"D'you think they are on the run now, too?" asked Ron, changing out of his clothes into the ones I pulled from the beaded bag.

"Most likely," Harry said. "Either that or Lily went invisible and escaped as like how she did with Malfoy's attack."

"We can't worry about everyone else now." I grabbed Harry's Invisibility Cloak, his comment reminding me. "It's you they are after, Harry, and we'll just put everyone in even more danger by going back." Harry vanished.

"She's right," said Ron who knew Harry was about to argue. "Most of the Order was there, they'll look after everyone"

"Come on, I think we ought to keep moving," I said, leading them onto the main road.

Grimmauld Place

I opened my eyes to a familiar small and shabby square. Tall, dilapidated houses looked down on us from every side. Number 12 was visible to us. We raced up the stone steps, Harry tapped the front door with his wand. I heard a series of metallic clicks and the clatter of a chain, then the door swung open with a creak and we hurried into the threshold.

After a few hours of settling into our safe house, we migrated into the room with the Black Family Tree on the wall. I shrieked when I saw a silver Patronus soar through the drawing room window and land upon the floor, where it solidified into the weasel that spoke with the voice of Ron's mother.

"Family safe, do not reply, we are being watched. Be wise, you four!"

I froze as the silver most disappeared into nothingness.

"You four?" Harry asked.

"Do they think we have Lily?" asked Ron.

"If they don't have Lily with them, who does?" Harry asked, looking frantic.

"I'm sure Fred and Lily must have left then." I choked out, trying to mask my worry with confidence. "They obviously did not see us leave, or her leaving and assumed we are together because, well, that was the plan, wasn't it?"

The boys seemed to appreciate that logic.

The Locket's Owner

"Hermione, back up here!" Harry said in a calm voice.

"What's the matter?"

"R.A.B. I think I found him."

I gasped and bolted back up the stairs.

"In your mum's letter? But I didn't see—"

Harry shook his head, pointing at a sign that hung on a bedroom door.

Do Not Enter

Without the Express Permission of

Regulus Arcturus Black