Chapter 13 POV Draco

Draco's POV

I tried to avoid looking at the Gryffindor table. After my exploration into the forest I realized how wrong I was. I regretted deeply what I said, but you can't erase words you've already spoken.

"Draco, aren't you listening to me?" Pansy asked. I jumped slightly, startled by the shrill voice. 

"Yes, love," I murmured and sipped my green tea.

"I was just saying how worried I was yesterday," Pansy said. The others snickered around me. "I thought something dreadful had happened.

"I assure you, I just was lost for a day," I told her.

"Where you with that slut?"  Pansy asked, talking about another Slytherin girl that it was rumored me to be secretly dating.

"No!" I said harshly. "And don't speak like that, it's unattractive."

"Sorry," Pansy sighed. 

I looked to the Gryffindor table, just out of pure curiosity and saw Lily happily chatting with those Weasley twins. It made my insides boils, they didn't deserve to make her laugh, to get to know her. I felt a pang of jealousy when I realized that they could openly chat in the middle of the Great Hall without drawing attention to them. 

"What are you staring at?" asked Pansy as I saw Lily in the corner of my eye begin to gather her things and leave. I wanted to apologize, this could be me chance. 

I got up and slowly followed behind Lily, calling her name when we were far enough away from the Great Hall. She turned and saw me. Her face instantly became hurt, she turned away and kept walking. "Lily, I'm sorry okay?"

She walked faster. 

"Lily," I pleaded, "please listen to me. I still want to be friends." I caught up to her.

"No," she said in her sweet honey voice, "thank you, though."  I grabbed her shoulder to force her to turn and reason with me right as she was about to turn a corner. She didn't even react to me grabbing her so ruffly, she stared straight ahead and swallowed. I peaked around the corner and saw a bright pink, making me shoot my hand back to my pocket. 

"Oh, Miss Potter, would you kindly follow me to my office," Professor Umbridge asked of her.

"Sure, Professor Umbridge," Lily said smiling sweetly.

"Follow me, dear," said the 'professor,' smiling back at her. "Good day, Mr. Malfoy."

I nodded and watched Umbridge lead the way to her office, Lily trailing behind her. I felt horrible, she wouldn't even talk to me now. 

The truth was that I really liked Lily, I just didn't know how to show it. She was fierce, witty and brave. The thought of her and I turned me on, a forbidden love. Dating the sister of my arch nemesis was just... yeah. Lily was totally different than Scar-Face, too. She was caring about everyone, not just the good guys. She chose to see the best in people... until they hurt her.  

the day before.

I walked away from Lily as she ran away, there really was no point in chasing her, I upset her and she needed her time to cool off like all women did. 

I stepped into the Dark Forest. I admit that I was scared, but I needed to be brave. I saw something that I needed to see, some sort of creature flying over the treetops, a large fairy if you will. I felt drawn to it, a need to see who and what it was.