Chapter 49

Published July 30, 2015

Downstairs, Mrs. Weasley was desperately trying to rid Hermione of her stylish black eye. The new addition to Hermione's look made her resemble a half panda.

"It just won't budge," Mrs. Weasley said, as Harry and Ron finally came downstairs to join Hermione and me in wait for the O.W.L. results, standing over Hermione with her wand in her hand and a copy of Healer's Helpmate open at "Bruises, Cuts and Abrasions." "This has always worked before, I just cant understand it."

"It's be Fred and George's idea of a funny joke, making sure it can't come off," said Ginny.

"But it's got to come off!" squeaked Hermione. "I cant go around looking like this forever!"

"You wont," I said. "I can go pop in the shop and ask the twins about the antidote, if you want?"

"Sure, dear," said Mrs Weasley. "Just be real quick, ten minutes at most."

"Will do," I said to Mrs. Weasley, then turning to Hermione and said, "don't worry."

Hermoine just jumped up and started walking round and round the kitchen, twisting her fingers.

"Be right back," I said, going to the fireplace, grabbing some Flu Powder. I threw it in the fireplace and said, "Weasley Wizard Wheezes." In a clear voice.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the apartment above the store. I had recently painted the kitchen a nice blue, the cabinets were a white with sliver knobs and the floor was a dark black wood. I looked around, looking for the twins but they were nowhere to be seen.

I flew down the stairs, thinking that maybe they were in their offices.

"May I help you?" asked one of the workers, surprised that I came out of the restricted door that lead to the apartment.

"Yes, where are the twins—Fred and George?" I asked in a hurry.

"In Mr. Weasley's office, Fred that is," said the worker, leading me to the door on the right.

"Thank you...?" I said, asking for her name.

"Samantha Stevenson," she said. "And you are?"

"Lily Potter, I'm Fred's girlfriend," I said, smiling and then going into the office.

"Lily?" said George when I had burst in the room without knocking.

The twins were sitting over a bunch of papers, looking them over with interest and gently handling them.

"Is everything okay, Flower?" asked Fred, concern written all over his face.

"Yeah, its Hermione," I said. "She sort of squeezed a telescope thing in your room and it punched her and now shes got a black eye."

"Oh, blimey I forgot about those," said Fred. "Here-"

He pulled a tub out of his pocket and handed it to me. I unscrewed it gingerly to reveal a thick yellow paste.

"It is safe, isn't it?" I asked, knowing Hermione would be spectical.

"Yes, just have her dab it on and the bruise will be gone in an hour," said George.

"Are you going to come back for lunch, I'm sure your mum is almost done with it," I said to both of them.

"Yes, we can come back with you," said Fred, glancing back at the papers. "Right George?"

"Yeah," said George, turning away from the papers.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Well, we are just working on some supplies orders and such, we are working on these shield hats with Shield Charms on them, really handy," said Fred.