Chapter 53

Published Jan 14, 2016

When I checked my journal that night in the dormitories after the greetings to the fellow girls in the room, Fred had replied.

How do you know?

I grabbed my quill and wrote a response.

Harry and I had a fight... He knows I'm keeping something from him, about Malfoy, I think.

A few minutes later, after I changed into my night gown, Fred's writing was written below mine.

You should find out what he knows about Malfoy, it could concern you. It may help you.

Good idea, I'll ask him tomorrow. Should I tell him about the Malfoy is trying to kill me thing?

I don't know. I shouldn't even know, right?

Yeah, I will figure something out. I should get to bed, I have classes tomorrow.

Goodnight, my love.

Goodnight, Fred

I closed the book and got into bed, "Hermione, wake me up when you do."

" 'kay, Lily," she said.

I slowly fell asleep, but every time I was close I remembered I was in the same building as the person who was plotting to kill me.

..

I met Harry, Ron and Hermione in the common room before breakfast the next morning. They were all whispering together. I picked up some of their conversation before they noticed me.

"But he was obviously showing off for Parkinson, wasn't he?" said Ron.

"Well," said Hermione uncertainly, "I don't know, it would be like Malfoy trying to make himself seem more important than he is... but that is a big lie to tell..."

"Exactly," said Ron, Harry cleared his throat when he saw me, the other two jumped when they saw me. Ron, pretending Harry didn't signal them because of me but because of the stares we were getting, glared at the first years. "It's rude to point," Ron snapped at a particularly minuscule first-year boy as we moved to join the queue to climb out of the portrait hole. The boy, who had been muttering something about Harry behind his hand to a friend, promptly turned scarlet and toppled out of the hole in alarm. Ron laughed.

"Hello, Lily," said Harry in greeting. He didn't seem mad anymore.

"Hey, Harry," I said, smiling. "Can we talk later?"

"Sure," said Harry.

As we were having this short conversation, Ron was saying, "I love being a sixth year. And we're going to be getting free time this year. Whole periods when we can just sit up here and relax."

"We're going to need that time for studying, Ron!" said Hermione as we set down the corridor.

"Yeah, but not today," said Ron. "Today's going to be a real doss, I reckon." I rolled my eyes, just wait, Ron.

"Hold it!" said Hermione, throwing an arm and halting a passing fourth year, who was attempting to rush past her with a lime green disk in his hand. "Fanged Frisbees are banned, hand it over," she told him sternly. The scowling boy handed over the snarling Frisbee and took off after his friends. Once gone, Ron tugged the Frisbee from Hermione's grip.

"Excellent, I've always wanted one of these." Hermione's remonstration was drowned by a loud giggle. Lavender Brown had apparently found Ron's remark extremely humorous. She continued to laugh as she passed us, glancing back at Ron over her shoulder. Ron looked pleased.