Chapter 33: The first step

"This is taking forever!" You complained.

"I said that there was still a Mormora base left but I never said that it was close by." You groaned in annoyance hearing Kolivan on the communicator.

"Come on, Y/n, just put some on music or something," Keith suggested taking over the video call.

"I left my music in that orange square communicator thing."

"And where is it?"

"On the ship." You both stayed silent for a while. "I'll just take a nap or something, see you in a while Keith." He waved goodbye and you turned off the holo-screen.

You stretched your arms in the air and turned your chair to see the three other Mormorans that were riding with you, Kolivan and the other two were with Keith.

You were about to ask them something but you noticed that they were asleep except for one of them.

"So, what's your name?" He lifted his head up, still a bit intimidated by you.

"Zhix." He answered. You nodded your head.

"Well Zhix, I suggest you get some rest, we've still got a long way." You said and turned in your chair to look back at the empty void of space in front of you.

"I can't." He said.

"Why not?" You asked still looking at the stars that dotted the universe.

"Nightmares." He answered simply.

"Yeah, I used to have those too." You stood up and walked over to him and lent him your hand. "Sleep on the chair, it doesn't just heal, It helps brainwave activity so it could help you sleep better." Zhix was utterly confused to say the least and slowly took your hand for you to help him stand.

"Why are you so kind?" He questioned being so used to the saying kill or be killed and there wasn't any room for hospitality nor generosity.

"We're gonna be working together." You lead him to the chair and let him sit down. You activated the sensor stabilizer and made the chair recline. "I need you in top shape to be able to fight." You said honestly.

Zhix could feel the chair starting to do it's magic, making him finally feel at ease. "Thank you." He said as he started to doze off.

"No prob, I guess this is also a 'Thank you' for doing what you could to help me out back then." He was about to respond but he was fell asleep before he could, your face being the last thing he sees before falling into a deep slumber.

"Great, now I'm gonna have to sleep on the floor."

-

"Hey, Zhix, come on, we're about to land." You tried to stir him awake but he wouldn't wake up.

Oh no, he's dead.

Was the first thing that came to mind.

"Zhix!" You shouted making him jolt up from the scare you just gave him making him slam his forehead against you.

"Ah shit!" You held your forehead in pain.

"Lady Y/n! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" He wanted to help you but he had his own headaches.

"Hey Y/n how are you doing?" You could see Keith appear on the holo-screen.

"Just dandy." You said as you stood up and held your hand to your forehead. Keith looked at you with an eyebrow raised but decided to ask you about what happened later. "Everyone's up, I'll take us down in a few minutes." Zhix took that as his cue to get out of the chair so you can sit down.