Chapter 3: Training

"Alright paladins, I am going to start the gladiator." Allura announced from the control room. You were in her arms and watched as the guys fought the 'big mean robot'.

In seconds, a tall, slim, yet powerful robot emerged from the ceiling and landed with a loud thud. The paladins got in a defensive stance and readied themselves when the robot charged at them.

From time to time, you would gasp when the robot would swing his blade too close to one of them or when someone was pushed back.

"Don't worry Y/n, they are strong." Coran assured and gave you a playful wink. You smiled and looked back at the Paladins. You believed in them and knew that they could win any fight!

"Go Paladinsh!" You shouted, not knowing that your little voice could be heard throughout the whole training area through the speakers.

Lance was the first to look over in your direction and gave you a wink.

"Don't get distracted!" Keith yelled, having to block a hit that was meant for Lance.

"Right!" Lance then brought his full attention back to the training exercise.

You watched eagerly as they worked together to eventually defeat the evil robot.

"Good job!" Coran complimented once the simulation was over. He walked over to you with a big grin on his face. "Would you like to go see them?" He asked you. Your eyes shined at the thought and you nodded your head furiously.

"Are you sure this is alright?" Allura asked Coran.

"Of course princess!" She set you down and you walk you over to the group while holding onto Coran's hand.

"Why is she here?" Keith was the first to ask while putting away his Bayard and crossing his arms over his chest

"She's going to be a part of the new exercise!" Coran said simply as he sat you down in the middle of the training ground.

"What!?" Keith exclaimed.

"I just thought you all should have a bit more of a motivation on the whole 'protecting' part."

"Coran, don't you think this is a bit, I don't know, dangerous??? I mean, she's just a kid, what if something bad happens? What if she gets hurt? What if we ALL get hurt?" Hunk rambled on.

"Don't worry, It'll be fine! This exercise is very similar to a game the Altayen children would play!" Coran bent down to be at your height. "Would you like to play?" He asked you kindly.

You raised your eyebrows and looked at the worried faces of the Paladins. Nonetheless, you nodded your head in agreement.

"Good! Now all you have to do is close your little eyes and cover them with your hands." You nodded in understanding and did as the mustache man said. "Now when I say 'Go' you shout out the name of the Paladin you think will win. And no peeking! okay?"

"Okay!" You said, getting excited about what was to come.

"Alrighty then, Paladins, this is a game we like to call, last one standing. It's very simple, you must all make sure Y/n is safe and the last Paladin standing wins."

"Seems simple enough." Pidge shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Asked Shiro worried about whether or not this was a good idea.

"Of course!" Coran then walked out of the training area. "This is a safe exercise as long as you don't let the gladiator hurt Y/n."

"What?!"

"Go!" You heard Coran shout.

That was your cue!

"KEEF!" You shouted, placing your bet on him winning. Everyone turned to look at Keith but he was too busy looking at you in shock.