Chapter 4: Battle

*BEEEEP BEEEEP*

Sounded the alarm throughout the castle, startling you awake.

Lance shot up from his bed and obviously knew what that siren meant. He quickly got out of bed and pushed a button on the wall that made his Paladin uniform appear.

"Lance?" You asked while rubbing your eyes and getting nervous about what was happening.

"Everything's alright Y/n!" Lance said as he quickly put on his black suit and then his armor. " J-Just stay here and we'll be right back!" Lance stumbled out of his room and rushed to his Lion hanger.

"We'll?" You pondered out loud. Like any child, you couldn't just sit still so you carefully slid down the side of the bed using the bedsheets to help you. Putting on your slippers, you rushed out the door and headed to the main 'big room' as you would call it.

You made it to the doorway and poked your head in. You could see Allura standing in the middle with her hands on top of two orbs that were held upon two thin podiums and Coran was in the front taping away at various controls on the holo-screen. You watched the big screen at the far end where there were space lions fighting from afar.

"Pidge! Watch out!" You heard Hunk shout.

"Got it! And Keith you've got some ships right behind you!" She also shouted followed by a grunt since she barely dodged a laser from the enemy.

"Right! I'm going for the ion cannon."

"Okay, Lance and I got your back." You heard Shiro say. You watched as everything unfolded but you couldn't understand what was going on.

"Damn it! How did they find us again?!" Keith yelled, making you flinch. You then looked at Allura and Coran who were using what seemed like game controls.

"Mommy?" You spoke up, taking a step into the room. Allura did a double-take before realizing you were there.

"Oh! Y/n... We're-We're a little busy at the moment so please-" Allura was interrupted when the castle shook from the impact of a Lazer.

"Are you guys okay?" Shiro asked through the intercom.

"Yes but-"

"Daddy?" You said out loud, wondering if he could hear you. Shiro blushed at the nickname but answered.

"Hey Y/n, everything's going to be alright. Just sit tight until we get back-"

"Would you guys focus on what we're doing now?! Y/n's safe in the castle so forget about her!" Keith raised his voice, irritated that they would let something like this steer them away from their concentration.

"Right, Coran, prepare the castle defense!"

"Yes princess!" You watched everything happen as if it were a movie. And a scary one at that. But then the castle got shot again causing it to shake a second time and you fell back on your tush.

"Keith! The Ion Canon!"

"I'm working on it but there are too many ships blocking my way! Lance!"

"I'm on it, I'm on it!" Lance replied angrily as he tried to take down as many Galra ships as possible.

"M-Mommy?" You said with fear in your voice.

"Not now Y/n." She answered harshly due to the pressure of having to defend the castle. You were surprised by her tone and felt bad so you started to tear up and cried out in fear. "Y/n this is not the time! Be quiet!" Allura yelled at you. You looked at her with wide eyes in disbelief.

Realizing she had hurt your feelings, Allura was about to say something but was interrupted when an alert notification appeared on her screen.

You then ran out of the room and headed back to your own room. Once you were there, you quickly got in your bed and covered yourself with your blanket while covering your ears as you cried in fear.