Chapter 35: The war part 1

You took a deep breath as you put on your helmet.

We can do this...

You thought to yourself as you walked towards the Black lion.

"You ready?" Asked Shiro as he caught up to you with his helmet at his side.

"Is anyone really ready for war?" You let out a chuckle.

"Point taken." He slid on this headgear. The rest of the team was already in the Black Lion.

"Any word from Mr.Holt?" You asked nervously. Shiro's hands tightened at his sides.

"Not yet." He pursed his lips as he thought about the millions of different outcomes if you all didn't have help from the American team back on Earth.

As you entered, you stood next to Keith taking his hand in yours. He unconsciously rubbed the ring that was hiding under your uniform. He switched the helmet communication so only you would hear. "The good thing is I already know you look great in white." He looked at your blushing face with a grin.

"Alright team, we're ready to head out." Announced Shiro to everyone.

-

It was time to have everything that you planned to come to life. The first part was simple enough. Black entered the planet without a hitch and thankfully you were all enveloped in the invisible cloak. Hunk, Pidge, Lance, Keith and you were out of the Black Lion once you were in range. Pidge had already gotten the map layout and pinpointed each Lion. Everyone made their way towards their own.

"I've got Yellow"

"Green is in my possession."

"Blue's here with me."

"Same with Red."

"And I've got white." You felt your lion come to life, it felt warm and comfortable as if White was giving you a hug.

"Alright, I'm closer to Pidge, Lance you get out and meet up with Keith, and Y/n you meet up with Hunk."

"Right." You all said in unison. Once the lions started to move, you knew the timer would start. 

The time when Stolgan and his main fleet would arrive.

"I've got eyes on the first drones coming our way!" Shiro announced. 

"On our way!" You and Hunk were together in seconds and soon enough everyone was back together and forming Voltron.

Just like Tixyan predicted, Voltron was surrounded. "Shield up! Y/n, form sword!" Shiro was entirely focused as he gave the orders.

As your Lion united with Voltron, there was an array of lasers hitting from every angle.

"They've ambushed us and we can't get into position to help yet!" Comunicated Allura from the other battleship.

"Damn it, we'll have to hold off alone for now," Keith muttered in frustration. The hard part was the fact that the ships were tiny compared to Voltron but they were incredibly fast and didn't allow Voltron to get any real hits.

"This isn't good..." You could hear the fear in Pidge's voice.

"What's going on?" Asked Shiro.

"The main fleet is already here." Your eyes went wide. How did they get here so fast and how did we not notice??

There was a loud booming sound as Stolgan's ship came into view. All of a sudden it stopped in its tracks. What's going on? You asked yourself, but then it looked as if the ship started to change. You felt the blood drain from your body.